CFES Trail Guide for Parents
Blazing the trail to excellence
Week of October 19
It is hard to believe that this week will conclude our first quarter of the school year. Together as a CFES Community of students, parents and staff we have overcome and accomplished so many great things. As the quarter comes to an end, I know there are some concerns about the possibility of student & teacher changes. In an effort to provide as much stability as possible for all students and staff we have worked to minimize as few changes as necessary. In Kindergarten through 4th Grade no current face to face student will change teachers next quarter.
In addition, all of our TVS students will remain connected to their current teacher for at least a portion of their school day.
Parents of 5th Grade students, we will be in touch soon concerning necessary adjustments to classes and schedules.
I want to thank each of you for your continued flexibility and support as the 2020-2021 school year requires us to do some things we have never had to do before. I continue to witness amazing teaching and learning, happy smiling students in class and on-line and a team of CFES staff members that are committed to doing whatever it takes for student success each and every day. When our community pulls together there is nothing that can stop us from ensuring high levels of learning and safety for all!
CFES Camp Director
Action Items in Trail Guide This Week
- Red Ribbon Week videos
- Have your child make a card for Bus Driver Appreciation
- Send in/drop off empty paper towel and toilet paper rolls
- Watch the CFES Cares Video's linked below highlighting our positive impact in TISD
- Prepare for 50th Day of School Dress-Up
- If your child is changing to Face To Face Learning for the second quarter (or if they have been here but now need bus transportation) please remember that all students that need TISD bus services must be registered for the bus and approved prior to the first day they ride. Click here to register your child for bus transportation Once the application is complete the approval process through transportation takes 7 to 10 days.
- October 19-23 is Bus Driver Appreciation Week. Bus Riders, please make a card to give to your driver to thank them for all they do to safely get you to school each day.
- We are currently in need of empty paper towel and toilet paper rolls for a project. Face to Face students please bring them in to the front office. TVS students please drop them in the collection bin by the front doors.
Cougar Birthday Book Club
We are delighted to offer the “Cougar Birthday Book Club” at Creekside Forest Elementary Library again this year. Parents, grandparents, and friends may surprise a student by donating a new book to the library in honor of his/her birthday or other special event. For more information, click the following link Birthday Book Club Information.
Leave a legacy and sign your child up through your School Cash account before October 30th.
As always, thank you for supporting our library program!
Gretchen Hock email@example.com
Thank you, CFES families, for participating in CFES Cares. You have helped make October special for many children this year! Our Cougars, both virtual and face to face, have donated food items to make treat bags. TEAM will be handing them out to families in Tomball and Tomball ISD. Because of your generosity, our Cougars have been able to be a part of this service project from start to finish, collecting items, decorating brown paper lunch bags, sorting the items, and helping give the items to TEAM to take back to their Food Pantry. Thank you so much, CFES families! Feel free to experience CFES Cares with this video.
- 2020-2021 Yearbook Presale: NOW OPEN - The 2020-2021 yearbook presale is now open! Yearbook presale price is $28 through December 31st. After that, they can be purchased for $38. Go to www.balfour.com and enter Creekside Forest Elementary in the "Find Your School" box. “
- For more information about PTO, please visit their website by clicking on the following link CFES PTO Information
We have phenomenal Cougars at CFES! Each quarter, we will be celebrating two students per classroom who demonstrate the Great Expectations Life Principles each quarter. The life principles for the first quarter were Friendship, Self-Discipline, Responsibility, Cooperation, Honesty, Flexibility, and Initiative! If your child earns the award, you will receive an email from the teacher with all of the information. We are so proud of our Cougars!
Red Ribbon Week is October 26th - 30th
October 26th-30th, we are celebrating Red Ribbon Week! The mission is to support families and communities in nurturing healthy, drug free youth. Call to Greatness will give everyone an opportunity to celebrate themselves and each other and how they are making healthy choices and not being a bully. Parents, please feel free to upload videos into this folder of your child talking about or showing how they make these healthy choices and being a buddy, not a bully. We will add these videos to Call to Greatness to highlight our wonderful cougars! These pintables are a great template for your child to write or draw how they are happy campers who make good and healthy choices. Feel free to send them into their teachers to upload on our Red Ribbon Week wall! This flyer and this video have all of the directions.
| || |
cfes campus information
26-30 Red Ribbon Week
16-21 College and Career Week
17 - 50th Day of School (all students are encouraged to wear 50's day attire)
23-27 Thanksgiving Holidays