The Newsletter of the Findley Oaks Media Center
Welcome to Our New Media Center
Media Center Instruction
Book Check Out Policies and Procedures
1) Type in school name: Findley Oaks
3) Username: Student ID
Same as Lunch Card Number
4) Password: Student Birthdate--mmddyyyy
"Book" with Mrs. Rubin" Reading Appointments
This program provides one-on-one reading appointments to help students develop personalized reading lists, as well as explore eBooks and related online resources. Appointments are held daily from 7:10 to 7:35 a.m. To sign up, fill out the "Reader's Survey" using link below. Once a survey is completed, Mrs. Rubin schedules the appointment and e-mails the date to you.
We are excited to announce the return of our virtual "Read-a-Thon" program. This year's theme is: "Every Hero Has a Story." Wandoo Reader is a online reading log and game. Students submit the title of a book and number of pages read. With each submission on the log, students earn "credits" to play the kid-friendly superheroes game. A special thank you to PTA for their generosity in funding this exciting and engaging program.
Follow these simple directions to set up the free, private account for your student:
2) Click on Reading Resources, Then on "Wandoo reader"
3) Select "Join Here"
4) Enter the Student's Age and Birthdate (ONLY Month and Day--No Year)
5) Enter the Student's Name
6) Enter a Parent or Guardian E-Mail Address -- No Student E-Mail Can Be Used
A Confirmation E-Mail Will Be Sent to the Parent or Guardian
6) Create a Username and Password
7) Select Game Difficulty Level
8) Select the Student's Grade and Mark "Public" for the School