Between the Lines
A Newsletter for CHS Tennis Booster Club Members--04.22.19
SPRING FLOWER SALES
- CHS Tennis Parent Volunteers,
- We need volunteers to help with Flower Pick-up day on Saturday April 27. In addition to tennis players helping, we need tennis parents to help verify orders as they are picked up, before the flats are placed inside vehicles. If someone leaves with an incorrect flat of flowers, someone else won't get what they ordered. Also, when the truck arrives around 7:30am, we will need to arrange all the flats in an orderly layout that will facilitate a smooth pick-up process. Also, the few orders that don't get picked up Saturday, will need to be moved inside the fence by the courts.
- If you can help at least 7:30-9:30 or 9:30-11:30, then please REPLY to this email.
Mark & Analyn Abbey
Coppell Tennis Boosters--Volunteer Coordinators
- In an effort to get to know all the tennis parents, we will be meeting TONIGHT, April 22, 2019, @5:30pm, @BJs in Lewisville (near Costco). It will be an informal gathering just to get to know each other better and strengthen the bonds of the booster club. Please join us there!
Player Photo and Team Photos UPDATE: The pictures taken by Concept 7 in the fall are available to view and purchase. More information about this is included in the pdf at the bottom of the newsletter.
The Coppell TENNIS BOOSTER WEBSITE is coppelltennis.net. There is link is at the bottom of this newsletter. Check it out!!!
SHUTTERFLY SHARE SITE is Available to Tennis Boosters on the booster website!!! You can access the site in view mode by using the group password "gocowboys".
Topspin with Coach Foster
2019 CHS TENNIS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
- Please submit the attached form in a sealed envelope to Coach Foster at the CHS Tennis Center no later than April 24, 2019 at 4:00pm.
- Completed CHS Tennis Scholarship Application Form (may be typed or handwritten)
- Three completed Recommendation Forms
- 1 must be completed by a CHS Tennis Coach
- 1 must be completed by a teacher
- 1 of your choice, excluding your immediate family
Thanks to all who showed up to support the players at JV District and Regionals this week!!
- Analyn Abbey
- Monica Cole
- Steven Cole
- Kirthi Kannan
- Kelley Parlier
- Kit Pehl
- Anthony Smith
- Supriya Srinivasa
- Jan Ciskowski
- Michelle Bohn
We had 7 PLAYERS Who Advanced to the Regional Tournament in Arlington! We had our best regional results ever with 1 Quarter-Finalist & 6 Semi-Finalists.
Matthew Abbey---Boys' Singles--Regional Quarter-Finalist
Justin Bohn/Andreja Zrnic---Boys' Doubles---Regional Semi-Finalist
Clark Parlier/Aishwarya Kannan---Mixed Doubles---Regional Semi-Finalist
Suzuka Nishino/Ruchika Khowala---Girls' Doubles---Regional Semi-Finalist
The JV Team had an amazing District Tournament
Cason Cole---Boys' Singles--1st Place
Siddarth Bellubbi/Austin Gregory---Boys' Doubles---1st Place
Gabrielle Tian/Maruthi Eranki---Mixed Doubles---3rd Place
Julianna Ciscowski---Girls' Singles--3rd Place
The Boy's Team--1st Place
The Girl's Team--Tied for 2nd Place
Congrats to all!!
We have many players who excel outside of school tennis, and we want to celebrate their accomplishments!
- Suzuka Nishino will be attending the University of Texas at Dallas. She was awarded an Academic Excellence Scholarship, through which she will receive a full ride!! Congratulations to Suzuka and her family!!
- Austin Gregory and Lomash Sisodia won the Southlake Doubles CMZ this weekend! We have two more Super Champs added to the team. Congratulations to the two great competitors!
- Kunal Seetha won the SCMZ Tournament in Garland last weekend! What a fantastic achievement! Congratulations to Kunal!
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR PARENTS who have graciously volunteered their time to make sure our players have the best possible experience. This includes the entire Booster Club Board and all the parents who have volunteered to help with the website, social media, communication, pictures, tournaments, flower sales, Senior Night, Homecoming, the tennis banquet and countless other things. It truly takes a lot to run this program properly. Thank you so much to those who show up to the booster club meetings, the banquet meetings, and the matches! We have some parents who continually step up to serve and support, and their contribution is very much appreciated.
Boosters are looking for YOUR HELP. We have 127 players; please help us support them and help make this tennis program the best that it can be. GET INVOLVED!!
Down the Line (Save the Date)
Monday, April 29, 2019 @6:30pm, Tennis Booster Club Meeting @CHS Tennis Center
Monday, April 29, 2019 immediately following Booster Meeting, Banquet Meeting @CHS Tennis Center
Saturday, April 27, 2019, Flower Delivery Day @CHS Tennis Center (7:30-noon)--VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Friday, May 3, 2019, @6-9:30pm Tennis Banquet @The Courtyard Marriott in Grapevine--HELP NEEDED
President: Rhonda Nelson firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President: Kelley Parlier email@example.com
Vice President: Martha Rivas firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Coordinator: Mark Abbey email@example.com
Volunteer Coordinator: Analyn Abbey firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Keiko Nishino email@example.com
Newsletter: Monica Cole firstname.lastname@example.org