February 22nd- February 26th
Message from Mrs. Reams
We are looking forward to welcoming back students after an active winter weather week! This week GCPS celebrates Kindness Week and our continued focus on Black History Month.
Need to change your child's transportation? If this should need to happen on a specific day, please do one of the following:
1. Call the main office and we will let the teacher know.
2. Email your child's teacher, Ashley Upton email@example.com and Beth Anne Ware firstname.lastname@example.org. If email is your preferred method, communicating to all three staff is essential in making sure your message is received. We ask that you make all changes by noon each day, with dismissal at 1:00pm. Thank you!
*Please follow the same procedure for communication about absences.
Keep reading our Goochland Reads book. Due to our snow days, we will allow some time to get everyone caught up before asking trivia questions for Chapter 6 and beyond!
Week at a Glance
THIS WEEK GCPS CELEBRATES KINDNESS WEEK! (please see attachment for additional activities students can do in addition to our Kindness Day and Inclusion and Positivity dress up days!)
- Welcome Back - we have missed you!
- "Kindness Day!" Students and staff across the county can wear bright colors to "shine bright for kindness."
- "Inclusion and Positivity Day!" As we continue celebrating Black History Month and our focus on inclusion. Wear a shirt that has a positive or inclusive message. We can't wait to see what you come up with!
Gifted referral forms are due to Randolph Elementary by 3pm (info attached)
Reminders/Save the Date/Important Information
- April 1st - Spring Pictures
- Yearbook Update! We need your help with pictures of our amazing kids:
In addition, we need all kinds of pictures to make this yearbook special from ALL of our families (virtual and in person). To upload additional images, please find your teacher's folder with their last name and "Candids," and upload pictures to this folder. These can be pictures of learning from home, snow day fun, out of school activities (soccer, swim etc.) These can be individual pictures and/or pictures with other RES students and siblings. We cannot promise all candid pictures will be included, but we will try our very best to create a yearbook that will commemorate this unique year!
Link for yearbook pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15jwFGJcs9WySrEbK55cKMetMe4IzxL7O?usp=sharing
Thank you for remembering our TOP 3 DAILY REMINDERS:
1. Families will need to fill out the health screener everyday for each child that attends RES
2. Send your child to school each day with a mask.
3. If your child is not feeling well, please keep them at home.
Please continue to reach out with any questions, concerns and celebrations.
Have a great evening,
ALL THINGS PTA!
The spirit wear store will be open for orders until March 14th. Once the store closes, it will take about a week to process orders and they will be shipped directly to the address given at the time of purchase or can be picked up at RES on a day that will be designated by the PTA. If you have any questions, please contact LaTerra Athey (PTA Spirit wear Chair): email@example.com
Use these two links to access both RES specific and Goochland Strong attire. Both links are for in person and virtual students.
View the link below for the RES Spirit Wear store for RES specific attire:
View the link below for the RES "Goochland Strong" options:
Calling all volunteers - It's time to plan our spring fundraiser! We know a lot of you have been reaching out with an interest in volunteering and we are excited that we now have a need for your help! If you would like to be involved in planning, please visit the RES PTA website to access the sign-up form. You can indicate your interest in a core role on the planning committee, or general interest in being contacted at a later date to volunteer once the event has been planned. We welcome all the great hands and minds we can get! If you have any questions, please contact Jennie Wood (PTA Spring Event Chair): firstname.lastname@example.org or Allison Duffee (PTA President): email@example.com
PTA WEBSITE: https://randolph.new.memberhub.store/home
County Wide News
The Virginia Mathematics Pathways Initiative is hosting a series of informational webinars for families and community members. All the info is on this document.
Due to the school closure and weather, the show Dear Edwina, will now stream Friday, Feb. 26th and Saturday, Feb. 27th at 7:00 PM and again on Sunday, Feb. 28th at 2:00 PM. Anyone who has already purchased tickets can still use the code/link for next weekend’s show.
ShowTix4U Ticket Link: https://www.showtix4u.com/event-details/46417
Friday, Feb. 26th @ 7:00 PM
Saturday, Feb. 27th @ 7:00 PM
Sunday, Feb. 28th @ 2:00 PM
- Encore Opportunities: https://sites.google.com/glnd.k12.va.us/gcps-encore/art?authuser=0