Data Science Fellows Program
Israel Tech Challenge (ITC) opens the door for talented professionals from Israel and abroad to accelerate their careers in data science while focusing on the most in-demand global tech skills. ITC offers its participants both training and job placement in top tech companies, along with strong networking in the Israeli tech community. To date, ITC introduced over 500 graduates from over 20 countries to the Israeli hi-tech industry.
Reporting directly to the Fellows Program Director, the Spark Instructor will conduct Deep Learning lectures to students of our Data Science Fellows program –
a 5 month elite training course.
This is an hourly position based in our Tel Aviv campus.
- Conduct a lecture on Spark Frameworks and tools, task distributions, with a focus on PySpark
Provide students with professional guidance throughout their training, facilitate their understanding of the material and identify patterns of struggle or success among students
- Advise the program team on steps needed to advance weaker or excelling students
- Provide the program team with a professional evaluation of the class
- Fluent English speaker
- Academic degree in a STEM-related field
- Experience as a STEM educator
- Ability to teach PySpark, both hands-on and theory
- Clear communicator with the ability to explain and simplify complex material and theory
- Passionate about teaching new concepts to a highly-skilled student body
- Skilled at public speaking in front of a large group of students
The Lecture is one session at the beginning of January 2019
- Lecture can be filmed in advance allowing a greater focus on practice during session
- Payment is hourly and will cover lecture and prep hours