Spring 2018 VIA Photo Contest
Get Started Today
We will be accepting submissions from April 23, 2018 at 12:00 PM US Pacific Daylight Savings Time (PDT) through May 14, 2018 at 11:59 PM US Pacific Daylight Savings Time (PDT). ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY MAY 14, 2018 11:59 PM.
Who may enter
Anyone who joined a VIA program this past winter and spring (Nov 2017 -March 2018)
How to enter
1) Complete an entry form with required information
2) Submit a photograph
3) Submit a Title
4) Write a Narrative - prose, poetry, voice recording, song, you name it! You may also write in your native language (please include a translation as well).
Full contest rules and photo guidelines are included in the submission form.
All entries and narratives will be added to an album on VIA’s Flickr account (flickr.com/viaprograms)
The album will be shared through social media and email to invite VIA contacts to vote for their favorites by “liking” the photo. The photo with the most votes will receive the People’s Choice award!
A panel will review all submissions anonymously and select select ten (10) entries from among all eligible entries based on:
(1) Creativity (34%)
(2) Photographic quality (34%)
(3) Genuineness and authenticity of the content (32%).
The panel will collectively select a Grand Prize winner and 4 Finalists. Winners will be chosen in June and will be notified by email. Decisions of the Judges are final.
- The Grand Prize winner will receive a $50 USD digital gift card
- The four (4) Finalists will each receive a $25 USD digital gift card
- Winning photographs will be featured on VIA's website and social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).