March 25th, 2022
Dates to Remember
3/28 - Crust Spirit Day 11:00am - 9:00pm
3/29 - 2nd Grade Field Trip
3/30 - 1st Grade Field Trip
4/4 - 4th Grade Mitchell Orientation
4/4 - 8th - National Assistant Principal Week
4/13 - Kindergarten & 1st Grade Egg Hunt
4/14 - Field Day (More information to come)
4/15 - Holiday - No School
4/16 - School Librarian Appreciation Day
4/18 - Holiday - No School
4/22- Bobcat Bonanza (PTO Spring Fundraiser)
5/1 - School Principal Day
5/2 - 7th- Teacher Appreciation Week
5/3 - All School Skate at Sk8town (More Info to Come)
5/5 - Choir Concert 6:00pm
5/13 - All Library Books Due
5/20 - Kindergarten Graduation
5/23 - All School Yearbook Signing
5/24 - Paw-Some Award Ceremony - Wear GREEN for Resilience
5/26 - Last Day of School & Early Release 12:10pm
Message from Mrs. Thompson
We had a wonderful week at Bush! The students adjusted nicely returning from Spring Break and we got some beautiful weather. I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys the cool weather.
message from the front office
- All transportation changes need to be emailed to email@example.com before 2:00 PM each day.
- Car rider dismissal reminder: Entering the school driveway at dismissal is by right turn only. All traffic leaving the school must turn right onto Crownridge as well.
- All individuals entering the building must check-in at the front office by showing a valid ID.
- All items forgotten at home can be dropped off at our outside drop off table and will be taken down to your student before their lunch period.
- We kindly ask for no dogs on school property.
- We ask that any student leaving before regular dismissal is picked up by 2:45pm.
- Please help keep your information current. If you have a change of address or phone number please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Is your child ready to start PreK or Kindergarten next school year? If so, join us for family fun at the Early Childhood Resource Fair! This free event offers an opportunity to visit with community organizations and representatives from Conroe ISD. Prekindergarten & Kindergarten registration for all Conroe ISD schools will be available on-site, along with fun activities, snacks, and giveaways!
Summer GT Testing at Bush Elementary
The referral window for Summer GT testing will be from April 1-29. If you would like to nominate your student for Summer GT testing, please read below:
- Summer GT Testing will take place at Bush Elementary on Tuesday, May 31- Thursday June 2 from 8:00am-11:00am.
- All students will be tested in both Iowa and CogAT. Students may not take partial tests or skip around.
- Students must be present all three days of testing.
- If a student took any GT test this school year (2nd Grade CogAT and or Spring testing), he/she may not participate in this round of testing. It is the same test and will invalidate the norms.
If you are interested in having your child tested this summer, please email Brooke McCoy at email@example.com
Lunch Visitor Sign-Up
10:45 Lunch Period: Classes: Armstrong, Baum, Costenbader, Hull, Johnson, Miller, Murdock, Saunders, Sellers, and Sunseri.
11:15 Lunch Period: Classes: D. Anderson, Bruno, Dalessandro, Edgar, Foley, Garza, Harrell, Hunsdale, Landry, Perry, Powell, and Reyna.
12:15 Lunch Period: Classes: Brown, Davies, Eschenburg, Kamal, Lenfant, Saldana, Samford, and Shaw.
SHELVING BOOKS - We continue to need help shelving books through the end of the year. If you have some availability, please check out the sign up!
ART ROOM - Help Kindergarten, First and Second Grade for Paper Mache Putty Making.
Carline Help - We are in need of volunteers to assist with our morning Carline. Carline is from 7:30am - 8:00am and you can simply report to the front ramp and assist opening car doors for our students. No need to check in at the front office.
"SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!"
This is for students and parents/guardians to anonymously report safety concerns, harassment, bullying, or threats of hurting others or of self-harm. KidChat - 1-888-KidChat (543-2428) - This is monitored by the Conroe ISD Police Department twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Crust Spirit Night is THIS MONDAY, March 28!
Donations Needed for April's Staff Appreciation Lunch
Please join the PTO in supporting our teachers and staff for our April teacher appreciation lunch. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e054ba9ab23a1f49-april
Please have item/items at the school by 10 AM on Friday, April 1.
Bobcat Bonanza is Back!
Wristband and Children's Raffle Ticket Sales Start April 1. Keep a lookout for more information in the coming weeks on our Facebook and Instagram accounts (@bushpto), as well as in your student's communication folder.
Own or affiliated with a local business? Sponsorship opportunities are available! You could donate an item to our silent auction, or sponsor an inflatable! Sponsors will receive advertising based on their sponsorship level. Reach out to Caitlin Reeves at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Bush Elementary: A nurturing and inclusive community where students become empowered citizens and life-long learners. Every student, every day!
Our school hours are 8:00-3:10. Students may arrive as early as 7:30 and will go to their homeroom beginning at that time.
The Conroe Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding these non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936)-709-7700 and the Section 504/ADA Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936) 709-7670.