This Week in DHS Band and Guard
Week of October 31, 2022
This Week's Schedule
Monday, October 31st
- No rehearsal - Happy Halloween!
Tuesday, November 1st
- Color Guard Sectional, 5-6:15 pm
- Woodwind, Brass, and Percussion Sectional, 5 pm - 7:15 pm (B shadows excused from rehearsal)
Wednesday, November 2nd
- Color Guard Sectional, 7:30 - 8:55 am
- Drum Major presentation at Garden Ridge City Council Meeting, City Hall, 6 pm (Drum Majors and LG only)
Thursday, November 3rd
- Full Band Rehearsal, 5 pm - 7:15 pm (B shadows excused from rehearsal)
- Davenport v. Marble Falls @ Wolf Stadium (Senior night), 7:30 pm
Saturday, November 5th
- Hosting USBands San Antonio Finale (Exhibition Performance @ 4:30 pm)
UIL State Marching Band Competition
Please consider saving the date to volunteer as a chaperone or load crew. We will need about 30 total volunteers that day. Our performance time is 3 pm, and we will load up in the mid morning at DHS. The top 10 out of 23 bands will advance to finals that evening. More details will be released next Sunday.
Here is the order form for a patch from the UIL State Marching Band Competition.
Marble Falls Home Football Game (Senior Night)
Parents, please consider signing up to volunteer as a chaperone or load crew if you have already completed the CISD background check here. The sign up to volunteer is here. Parents who are not volunteering as load crew or chaperones may not enter the band section in the stands.
We will not be performing the show at halftime. Our front ensemble will be performing a featured song at halftime. We will also be honoring our seniors at halftime. All seniors need to fill out this google form by Tuesday night at 11:59 pm. Seniors are encouraged to have family members stand with them on the field at halftime while they are recognized. Family members will need to purchase a ticket. Here is the link to purchase tickets for the game. Tickets for the game will go on sale at 9 am on Tuesday.
Students need to bring these items with them to school on Friday.
- Grey Wolf Band water bottle filled with ice and water
- Band uniform parts – long black socks, marching shoes, compression shirt and shorts, gloves, band ball cap, athletic shorts for run-through.
- Color guard uniform parts – show hair and makeup, bodytights, black socks, show undergarments, and guard shoes.
Schedule for the day
4:30 Feed the Band
5:15 Run through at practice field
6:00 Move equipment to stadium
6:40 Inspection and march to the stadium
7:00 Pre-game ceremonies
7:30 Davenport vs. Marble Falls Football Game
10:45 Approximate pick-up time at DHS Band Hall
Hosting USBands San Antonio Finale
On Saturday, November 5th the Wolf Band will be hosting its first EVER marching band competition. While slightly smaller than the competitions we have done thus far this is still a VERY big deal for Davenport High School and will require a large number of volunteers to make it happen. We are looking for any and all volunteers that would be willing to donate their time to ensure the competition is a success! Check our Facebook page for more info or click here to sign up as an adult to help.
We will be performing in exhibition so our students can volunteer before and after the performance. Our final competition will be the UIL State Marching Band Competition on November 9th. Students that would like to volunteer need to sign up on the volunteer sign up sheet in the front of the band hall.
Student Schedule for Saturday
- 9 am - Call Time
- 9:30 am - Run Through Rehearsal
- 10:30 am - Move props and equipment to stadium
- 10:45 am - Students released to volunteer, watch bands, or go home (we will feed volunteers)
- 2:30 pm - Call time for all students for exhibition performance
- 3:40 pm - Warm Up
- 4:30 pm - Exhibition Performance (not for rating or ranking)
- 5:15 pm - Students released to volunteer, watch bands, or go home
- 10:15 pm - DHS Drumline plays at Awards Ceremony
Here is the link for Pre Sale tickets for the San Antonio Finale.
ALL-Day come and go ticket!
Order before the event and save $5 per ticket
* No Cash will be accepted at the Box Office
Also, there is a $5 charge for spectator parking.
Canned Food Drive
We are participating in the GVTC canned food drive again this year. The band and color guard are specifically collecting boxes of stuffing. Drop off is at the band hall to Mr. Keyes. We are setting a goal that every band and color guard member donates one box of stuffing.
Here are some important dates for winter guard season.
- November 14 - Winter Guard Clinic after school
- November 17 - Winter Guard Try Outs after school
- December 12 - Winter Guard parent meeting immediately after Holiday Concert
We have two sets of remind groups.
- The first is for directors to communicate with both parents and students. We used this Friday to let everyone know the game was delayed 30 minutes due to rain.
- The second is for section parents to communicate with parents in their section.
Please take a moment to join the appropriate groups by texting the code including the @ to 81010.
Directors to Students/Parents
- Woodwinds - @99edfh to 81010
- Brass - @dhswolfb to 81010
- Percussion - @kdb2aa to 81010
- Color Guard - @dhswolfba to 81010
Section Parent to Parents (no students)
Flute - @eaddkbd
Clarinet - @33628ef
Saxes - @3fb7bhb
Trumpets - @edfbeg
Mello - @2428cb7
Trombone - @ebdakk7
Baritone/Tuba - @g3c79b
Percussion - @kkgdg99
Color Gaurd - @942kc8
Fee payments (Use this link for everything except instrument usage fees.)
- November 9th, UIL State Marching Band Competition, 3 pm prelims performance, Alamodome
- November 11th, Veterans Day Program, DHS Auditorium, AM
- November 18th, Butter Braid Fundraiser Kickoff, during class
- November 28th, ATSSB Region Band Auditions, Davenport HS, 5:00 pm
Director of Bands
Associate Band Director
Color Guard Director
Color Guard Assistant Director
Director of Bands
Assistant Director of Bands