A brief research
SOME MORE INFORMATION
MOST DAMAGED HOLY PLACE!
Kedarnath temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva and situated near the Mandakini River in a valley of the Garhwal Himalayas was the most affected place. Many priests , worshippers, tourists who visit it in millions were either dead or lost . It was constructed in the 8th century. Apparently, the major cause of the unprecedented devastation was the crumbling of the Kedar Dome, a glacier-like body of rock and ice. Breaking of this enormous ‘glacier’ following the cloudburst and the eventual landslides caused a major rupture in the Charbari Lake that is situated just over 5 km from the holy temple of Kedarnath
STEPS TAKEN BY THE GOVERNMENT
1. relief camps were organised
2. local people of the affected area were taken to their respective homelands.
3. the railway costs were made free for the affected people.
4. rescue teams were inactive within an hour
5. thousands of people were helped out by the means of helicopters.
6. telecom helplines were activated within an hour and free of tax
7. action was taken in reconstruction and repair for the damage that happened.
HELP PROVIDED BY THE LOCAL COMMUNITIES
1. food and shelter was provided.
2. moral support was given to the families whose members were either dead or lost.
3. appeal to the government for better facilities to be given to the locals was made.
4.many social sites were developed so that the people can donate for the disaster online .
5.Local people have always been supportive and played a big part in the success of its ventures.