North Merrick Everyday Health
North Merrick Mental Health and Wellness Coalition Supports the School Community
Sign on to the CASEL Global Pledge of Allegiance!
The members of the North Merrick Mental Health and Wellness Coalition have joined the Collaborative for Academic, Social and Emotional Learning (CASEL) in their pledge:
“We pledge allegiance to the families of our world that we recognize we are closer and more connected than we may seem. And through the love for which we stand, one world, many beliefs, indivisible with liberty, health, safety and justice for all”
Go to the North Merrick district Facebook page to view the pledge and like or share on social media!
North Merrick Schools Continue Mindfulness with Distance Learning
Kira Wiley has provided her Mindful Moments for Kids album for free download at https://kirawilley.com/free-mm.
Talking to Children about Coronavirus from the CDC
- Remain calm and reassuring.
- Make time to listen and talk.
- Avoid language that uses blame or stigma.
- Pay attention to what children are seeing and hearing on TV and online.
- Provide honest and accurate information.
- Teach children everyday activities to reduce the spread of germs.
Mr. Benjamin's letter from the coalition to parents also contains other related resources. It is posted on the COVID-19 Information section of the district website or click here.