2021-2022 - Friday, April 15, 2022
From The Principal
- Coin Drive Fundraiser for Former Collins Seniors
- 5th Grade Field Trip Updates
- Rising 5th and 6th Grade School Supply Reminders
- Collins Summer Camp Offerings
- Conroe ISD Summer Enrichment Opportunities
- Yearbook Order Reminder
- Date Reminder for Field Day
- Summer Movers Reminder
- Incoming 5th Grade Parent/Student Information
- 7th Grades Updates - Course Verification Due Date (Parent/Student should review before May 1st)
- 7th Grade Required Athletic Physicals Opportunities
All of Collins wishes your family a wonderful four day weekend,
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building by 7:45 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- Students are considered tardy if not in classroom seat by the 8:50 tardy bell
- 5th Lunch A: 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- 5th Lunch B: 11:45 AM- 12:15 PM
- 6th Lunch C: 12:25 PM. - 12:55 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:55 PM - 1:25 PM
Front Office Times:
- 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
- 3:15 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:30 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:30 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:35 PM First Flight (10 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1 - 4 will be dismissed to wait at Car Cones
- Dismissed after car dismissal begins; 1. Bikers 2. More Car Flights 3. Neighborhood walkers (parents should not be parked in neighborhoods to pick up children - please use YMCA parking lot) 4. YMCA walkers (crossing guard provided for students)
Friday, April 15th - Monday, April 18th
- School Holiday
Tuesday, April 26th
- LC 5-4 and LC 5-5 Field Trip
Wednesday, April 27th
- LC 5-1 and LC 5-3 Field Trip
Friday, April 29th
- LC 5-2 Field Trip
- Last day to order Collins Yearbook
Tuesday, May 10th
- 5th Math STAAR Test
Wednesday, May 11th
- 6th Reading STAAR Test
Thursday, May 12th
- 5th Reading STAAR Test
Friday, May 13th
- 6th Math STAAR Test
Monday, May 16th
- MAKE UP STAAR Test 5th & 6th Math
Tuesday, May 17th
- 5th Science STAAR Test
Wednesday, May 18th
- MAKE UP STAAR Test 5th & 6th Reading
Thursday, May 19th
- MAKE UP STAAR Test 5th Science
Wednesday, May 25th
- 5th and 6th Grade Field Day
Thursday, May 26th
- Last Day of School - Student Early Dismissal
- End of Fourth Grading Period
Best Wishes and Celebrations
Coin Drive for Former Collins Senior Scholarships
Last year we raised $8000 and awarded 8 $1000 scholarships!
5th Field Trips
We are so excited that our Collins 5th graders will be going on a field trip to the Sam Houston Memorial Museum in Huntsville, TX. They will get to explore the rich Texas history and the legacy of General Sam Houston. Our trip will include a guided tour of the historic homes on site, the main museum and have multiple live demonstrations of tasks from the 19th century.
If you are interested in being a chaperone you must have first completed the CISD Volunteer form in the 2021-2022 school year. Please use the following link to fill out the CISD form if needed. https://apps.conroeisd.net/volunteer/ Chaperones will be selected on a first come first serve basis, using the paper permission forms that will be sent home on Tuesday, April 19th. Filling out the CISD volunteer form does not guarantee you will be selected as a chaperone.
Detailed trip information, permission slips, and chaperone forms will come home on Tuesday, April 19th and need to be turned in no later than Friday, April 22nd.
5th Grade Dates for the Trip to the Sam Houston Memorial Museum:
Tuesday, April 26: LC 5-4 & 5-5
Wednesday, April 27: LC 5-3 & 5-1
Friday, April 29: LC 5-2
Don't forget your Yearbook
Yearbook Sales End April 29th
Cost is $45.00
School Supplies On Sale Now!!!!!!! For Lowest Price Order by May 31st!!
Collins Summer Camps
Come join us at our Collins Band Camp June 6-9! We will work on our skills, play fun games, and put on a concert at the end of the camp! We can’t wait to see you there!
Collins Counselor Updates:
6th grade Parents:
Course Verifications (Current 6th and 7th graders)
Please confirm your student's course requests for the 2022-2023 school year. You can do so by viewing the course selections in PAC or SAC. If you need to make corrections, please send an email to your student's Knox counselor at the email address below:
Pamela Hollis (A-F): email@example.com
Kristina Spencer (G-N): firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheri Rutledge (O-Z): email@example.com
THE DEADLINE TO MAKE ALL COURSE REQUEST CHANGES IS MAY 1.
Nurse Kendall Update:
It’s time to start thinking about the end of the year! If your student has medication in the clinic that is not being used, please come by and pick it up. I will send out several reminders, however, on the last day of school if the medication is not picked up, I will have to discard it.
It’s School Library Month! Take a look at all the things the Collins Library has to offer!
You can support the library any time by donating from the library amazon wishlist! Find it HERE https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1U3SQ989M5OD1?ref_=wl_share
Peer into the lives of animals across the world with this Live Cam site! View animals in Africa, then with the click of your mouse, you can check out what’s happening in the world of dog training! Not a dog person? Maybe birds, bats, bears, or cats will interest your family! https://explore.org/livecams
PTO Membership and School Spirit Shirts
Go to www.collinsmembershiptoolkit.com and join the PTO today! By joining the PTO you will gain access to our secure online directory as well as be “in the know with PTO.” Have you purchased your spirit wear yet? Order today so your child can show their Cobra Pride!
In addition to our 2021-2022 spiritwear shirts (shown above), we now have “vintage” spirit wear available to purchase on the webstore! You don’t want to miss out on some great deals!
Calling all PTO Volunteers!
Calling all Volunteers! Fill out the google form using the link below to let the PTO know your availability and areas of interest.
Incoming 5th Parent/Student Information and Reminders
Incoming 7th Grade Knox Knights Important Dates
Friday, March 11, 2022
Course verification available via PAC/SAC
March 23, 2022
Knox Gingham Girl Parent Meeting
March 28 -31, 2022
Knox Gingham Girl Tryout Clinic
April 1, 2022
Gingham Girls Mock Tryouts
April 2, 2022
Knox Gingham Girl Tryouts
April 12, 2022
Knox Color Guard Parent Meeting
April 25 - 28, 2022
Knox Color Guard Tryout Clinic
April 28, 2022
Knox Color Guard Tryouts
TBA Knox Gingham Girl Parent Meeting (for those that made the team)
Sunday, May 1, 2022
Deadline for all Knox course requests changes
Please note that all dates and times are tentative or subject to change. Please have your student collect any information about events from his/her intermediate campus when they are available. We will advertise and announce all events at the intermediate schools as well as in other Knox correspondence. The dates advertised and announced will be followed unless special circumstances occur.
Parents, Coaches, & Directors
Sixth graders will have an opportunity after they are dismissed from school at 4:00p until 5:30p to report to College Park High School for the annual physical. To complete their required athletics physical we are coordinating with Methodist, Woodlands Sports Medicine Centre & Memorial Hermann to bring in physicians & PAs. Because we are starting earlier and providing more PAs and doctors, we had to increase the price of physicals from $20 to $25. This is the first price increase in the last 17 years for College Park HS. The last change is parents will be able to pre-pay online for the physicals through School Cash starting now and until April 18th. They can pay with cash or check on the day of April 20, 2022. For parents with 2 or more students and paying online, they must log completely out after paying for the 1st student and then use a different email address for the confirmation email or register as a "guest" for the next student.
Lastly, please note there are four online forms (Emergency Form, Alternative Transportation Permission, CISD Required Forms, & UIL Forms Signature Page) that need to be completed along with the physical in order to participate for 2022-2023. The link is provided below for the 4 Rank One online forms listed below.
Physicals: April 20, 2022
Place: College Park HS
Time: 7:20a – 5:30p (During students’ designated class period)
How to pay: April 20th: Cash or Check (Made out to CPSM) - Collected at check in
Pre-Pay April 1st- 18th: School Cash Online - https://conroeisd.schoolcashonline.com/Fee/Details/32339/195/False/True
Online Forms: Rank One Website https://conroeisd.rankonesport.com/New/NewParentLogin.aspx
YouTube Update Recap
- 0:00 - Welcome
- 2:10 - Appraisals
- When your school tax bill goes up, Conroe ISD does not receive additional funds for its operating budget because the State reduces funding by the amount of the increase dollar for dollar. Dr. Null will be chatting with Conroe ISD CFO Darrin Rice about this during a YouTube Live in May. Stay tuned for more details.
- 4:40 - COVID Update
- 9:05 - 2-Hour Delayed Start Recap
- 12:05 - Recognizing State Champions
- 13:05 - Life Saving Award Story
- 15:35 - 2022 Ambassador Awards
- 18:00 - Past District and County Events
- 22:15 - 2022-2023 New Student Enrollment Open Now
- PreK, K, and Students New to Conroe ISD
- Parents of current and returning students will complete an enrollment verification at a later date.
- PreK, K, and Students New to Conroe ISD
- 23:00 - Sharing CISD with the Community
- Interfaith of The Woodlands Hometown Hero – Paula Klapesky, Mitchell Intermediate Principal
- Interfaith of The Woodlands Five Who Share – Theresa Wagaman, CISD Board of Trustees Second Vice President
- 24:10 - Food Bank Programs
- 25:30 - Professional Job Fair
- 2021 Houston Chronicle Top Workplace
- 27:45 - Approval of 2022-2023 Pay Schedule
- 29:50 - Teacher Appreciation Week
- 31:25 - Graduation Dates
- 35:00 - Chat with Deputy Superintendent Dr. Chris Hines
- 38:40 - District Growth
- 47:40 - Growth Charts
- 55:55 - Projected Growth Maps
- 1:00:50- Future/PASA Demographic Study
STAAR Testing Dates for this school year are below
STAAR Testing Important Reminders
● Please avoid scheduling appointments these days so that your child will be on campus to allow for testing. The state allows for a four hour testing window for the STAAR test, with the exception for students with accommodations that allow extra time set in place through their 504 or ARD.
● Collins strives to begin testing by 9:30 at the latest, taking a break for testers to eat lunch and resume the testing window.
What if your child does not take the STAAR test or does not pass the STAAR test?
The state of Texas has implemented House Bill 4545 for the 2021-2022 school year and plans on having this bill moving forward to support student learning. Please see below from Texas Education Agency for the 2022-2023 school year with regards to STAAR Scores:
What does the above information mean for your child?
CLICK HERE if you would like to read more information regarding the House Bill 4545 information from the Texas Education Agency.
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.