OHVA Family News
November 3, 2017
Let's Stay MOTIVATED!
The newness of the school year has worn off.
School supply displays have been replaced long ago by other promotions.
Our kids do not want to go to bed at night.
Our kids do not want to get out of bed in the morning.
And we are about to FALL back from Daylight Savings Time...so it is going to be dark in the morning while getting dark earlier and earlier at night.
This is where GRIT is needed.
We all need some motivation.
So LET'S GET MOTIVATED!
Kids are great motivators... just watch the video below.
How fun would it be for our students to post MOTIVATIONAL BURSTS on OHVA's FaceBook groups!?!
What do you think?
Students, are you up to being a motivational speaker? Younger siblings are welcome to join in as well.
Keep them short, but make them powerful.
LET'S GET MOTIVATED!
High School Veterans' Day Assembly
OHVA HS will host a Veterans' Day Assembly on Friday, November 10th at 12 Noon. It will only be 30 minutes. Click this link to attend: http://tinyurl.com/HS-VeteransDay-2017 Invite your family members to log in at that time (remember they will need to download the Blackboard Launcher).
High School Families: Share information about your family military veterans for our High School Veterans Day Program!
- If you'd like to add your military veterans to be shown during our OHVA HS Veterans Day Program, send pictures and the info requested below to Mrs. Dorene Smith, US Navy Veteran and OHVA HS Computer Science teacher at email@example.com with the subject "Veterans Day" no later than Wednesday, November 8th at 5 pm.
- Even if you don't have pictures, you can still submit the following:
- Your name
- Their name and relation to you
- Rank when they left the military (or current rank) if known
- Military branch(es) they served in (Navy, Army, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, etc)
- Any other information you'd like to share.
We hope to see you there!
National “Choices in Education” Video Contest Invites Families to Share Their Stories. The contest provides the families and students who have experienced the power of educational freedom with a forum for sharing their life-changing stories.
K12 Student Clubs
K12 offers a variety of student clubs where like-minded students can share their areas of interest. These clubs are offered typically two times a month, and last one hour. Browse our 2017–2018 club listings by clicking here, and register for your favorite clubs today! [URL: http://www.k12.com/content/dam/k12/sites/default/files/