The B.Y.E. Buzz
December 12, 2022
December 12 New Information
We have really enjoyed this week and the fun activities that we see! We love to see students presenting, science experiments, group activities and more! Check out pictures on our school Facebook page.
- Wednesday Fun Day- Wear Red and White
- Friday Spirit Day: Wear your favorite Holiday Sweater or accessories.
- School Yearbooks are now $30 and are sold from the Balfour site. Purchasing options will close on January 20th. Use the link to purchase. There will not be extra yearbooks. Order today!
- Garden club has ended for this semester. It will restart on February 15 for 1st grade garden club students. Cheer club has also ended. Thank you to our parents and volunteers for making these clubs happen.
Winter Party Day
- If your drivers license has already been scanned this year, email firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know that you will be attending the party.
- If your license has NOT been scanned this school year, stop by the office sometime during the week prior to the class parties between 8:00-2:30 to have your ID scanned and get your name on the list to "cut the line" on party day. Please do not stop by the office during drop-off or pick-up to scan your license. The office is a very popular place at that time of day and student safety is our number 1 priority.
Robotics Club- 2nd Grade
It is finally that time to start robotics club. The Youngling team is super excited to be able to help out with this club! Students will experience hands-on learning and learn about science and engineering skills. It will be four weeks. Please do not sign up if your child can't make each session. This is a continuous learning curriculum and if they miss a day, they miss a lot. Behavior is also super important! We have a lot to do, so please stress to your child the importance of this. We will meet from 3:15-4:15. January 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st. Your child will need to be picked up promptly outside the blue hallway door (4th and 5th grade hallway). They will also come down to the blue hallway at the walker bell. (I will have a student walk down and get them the first few times.)
There is limited space because of materials, so please sign up here as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com
Thank you for blessing our teachers with lunch and a small gift this week! We were also able to provide a breakfast for Jones Elementary Staff. We appreciate your support.
We will have a PTA meeting on Tuesday at 8:00am in the library. Congratulations to our Top 3 Color Run Fundraising winners!
Tips from the Counselor- Mindfulness and Self Care
What is it?
When someone is practicing mindfulness they are completely present in the moment they are currently experiencing. Through mindfulness you are noticing your feelings, thoughts and how your body feels.
Why is it Important?
Studies show that some benefits of mindfulness are… reduced stress levels, improved health, improved working memory, decreased depressive symptoms, reduced anxiety, increased resilience, better self control and increased self worth.
What it looks like
A child that practices mindfulness may….be better able to identify their feelings and respond to them appropriately, have increased ability to focus, and be able to regulate their responses to stressful situations.
How do I get started? Check out these neat Apps!
Calm and Headspace are available in your phone’s app store for free! Self care is extremely important. Make sure you take a few minutes each day to let your mind and body relax.
A Note from Nurse Lindsay
Nurse Lindsay would greatly appreciate new or gently used pants for this Winter season. Our friends love to play outside and sometimes they can get wet and dirty if we’ve had rain, and we hate for them to sit in wet clothes. Her biggest needs are girls’ pants of all sizes and boys’ pants size medium. All sizes of new socks are also appreciated!
Music Class Page
Check out information about Music from Mrs. Low. You will find program information, scripts and songs here!
Mrs. Ashley Nelson is our school counselor! You can reach out to her online classroom by clicking the picture OR you can submit a request for your child to see the counselor here.
Dads and Doors
- Click on the image to sign up for the Dads and Doors program!
- New dates added!
Wednesday December 14 Change: Choice 1-oven chicken Choice 2-mini burgers
B.Y.E. Upcoming Events
December 13- PTA Meeting (8:00 AM- Library)
December 13- Red Door Spirit Night
December 16- Spirit Day: Holiday Spirit! Wear your favorite Holiday Sweater and accessories.
December 19- Winter Class Parties (9:30AM)
December 19- Spirit Day: Mad About Plaid! Wear your favorite flannel and/or comfy boots.
December 20- Spirit Day: Winter Wonderland! Wear something warm and cozy like PJs.
December 21-January 3- Christmas Break
January 4- Teacher Parent Development (No school)
January 5- Students return
January 17- Sexual Abuse Prevention and Internet Safety Training
About our School
- Bernice Young Elementary was established in August 2000.
- School mascot is the Yellowjacket
- School colors are Red, Yellow, and Black
- National Blue Ribbon School 2020
- Principal- Christy Norwood
- Assistant Principal- Sara Kennedy
Location: 301 Pippin Apple Circle, Springdale, AR, USA