Vol. 9, Issue 8; October 15, 2021
BOCES Half Day Info!
Community Service Hours
Students can pick up blank forms and turn in completed forms to Mrs. Hammaker in the counseling office. Please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about community service!
Again this year, LPMHS is proud to offer our Educational Leave Program for student-athletes who participate on teams that train and compete at the state and national levels in sports that are not school-sponsored (NYSEF sports, luge, bobsled, speed skating, figure skating, travel hockey, etc.). This program is designed to provide educational support for student-athletes who must miss classes to train and compete in their sport.
If your child is planning on participating in NYSEF sports or any other outside sport this year, and will need to miss school to do so, please fill out the Educational Leave Request form and email it to Ms. Amy Spicer, LPMHS Educational Leave Coordinator: email@example.com. She will also be happy to answer any questions you may have about the program. Please note that the form needs to be submitted to Ms. Spicer five school days in advance of your child’s leave.
Food & Outerwear Drive
The LPHS chapter of the National Honor Society is working with the Rotary Club this month to support our local food pantry! NHS volunteers will be at the St. Agnes Church parking lot on Saturday, October 16 from 9am-12pm to collect donated food items, as well as gently used or new winter outerwear.
- Non-perishable food donations are always welcome and appreciated!
- October's theme is Thanksgiving so that families can receive Thanksgiving food baskets. Ideas include frozen turkeys, canned green beans, canned corn, stuffing mix, potatoes, cranberry sauce, gravy, rolls, seasonings, etc.
- The food pantry can also use personal and household care items such as shampoo, soap, dish soap, dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent, baby shampoo, etc.
- Don't forget to gather any outgrown or unused winter outerwear and bring it with you to donate for the Outerwear Drive!
Thank you for your generosity for our community! We hope to see you there!
Ski Club Sign-Up and Sale!!!!
Board of Education Meeting Dates 2021-22
The LPCSD Board of Education meets every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the District Administration Building. Board members attend in person or via zoom from their homes.
- Board meetings will continue to be streamed live. Executive Order 202.1 – Article 7 of the Public Officers Law allows for the school board to meet without permitting in public in-person access to meetings.
- Board agenda documents will become live on Saturday before the meeting and can be found at: https://go.boarddocs.com/ny/lpcsd/Board.nsf/Public
- Anyone can submit comments for the Good of the Cause by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails will be read during the portion of the Good of the Cause.
- Board meetings are streamed live at: http://www.lpcsd.org/. Click on "live stream."
Upcoming Board Meeting Dates:
- October 19
- November 2
- November 16
- December 7