Happenings Around Dry Creek Elementary
Back to School Night
To access more specific information about Specials, Gifted/Talented and Special Education Services, please see these resources:
Specials: The Specials team at Dry Creek is eager to begin another year supporting students in PE, Art, and Music. To view the latest updates from our Specials Team, CLICK HERE!
Gifted/Talented: The G/T team at Dry Creek will be hosting a virtual drop-in for parents who want to learn more about GT programming. The drop-in will be from 5:30-6:00 pm on Thursday, August 25th, just before grade level presentations. Please CLICK HERE to join the drop in meeting.
Special Education: The Dry Creek Special Education team has some new staff and meeting updates, please CLICK HERE to learn more about our Special Education team.
Accessing Virtual Meetings with Microsoft Teams
1. Teachers or staff will send a link asking you to "Join Microsoft Team Meeting", click the link.
2. A webpage will open asking you to select between two choices: Download the Windows app or Join on the web instead. If you join on the web, you can either use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. Your browser may ask if it is okay for Teams to use your microphone and camera. Be sure to allow it, so that you can be seen and heard in the meeting.
3. Enter your name and choose your video and audio settings
4. Select Join Now
To view a video tutorial on how to enter a Teams meeting, please click here!
Drop Off Lane and Parking Lot Reminders
Dry Creek Elementary is committed to the safety of our students, staff and families. It is everyone’s responsibility to follow procedures that are designed to promote the safety of students and the community. Please review the following guidelines for morning drop-off and parking before school.
The east parking lot (adjacent to main entrance) is the location for the student DROP-AND-GO lane.
No parking is allowed in the DROP-AND-GO lot between 7:40am and 8:45am.
- DROP-AND-GO is designed for families whose students are ready and able to exit the vehicle quickly.
- Please pull as far forward as possible to allow for more vehicles to enter the DROP-AND-GO lane.
- Parents should not exit the vehicle.
- Students must exit the vehicle on the passenger side.
- Staff will be ready to help open/close vehicle doors to assist in a quick exit.
- Do not pass other vehicles in the DROP-AND-GO lane.
- Please make a right turn only out of the DROP-AND-GO lane.
- It is important to keep children and pedestrians off the streets and on the designated sidewalks and crosswalks.
- Please use crosswalks at all times.
- Please wait for Crossing Guards to guide your crossing.
- Please obey all school zone speed-limits, crosswalks, and yielding to pedestrians.
- Be mindful of homes neighboring the school, give 8-10ft of space to neighboring driveways and street corners.
- No U-Turns allowed in school zones.
- Jaywalking (crossing anywhere other than a crosswalk) is not permitted.
- Students may walk through the grassy fields of the school property.
- The west (Staff Parking Lot) should not be used for student drop-off
COVID Symptom Checker
1. Sign into your my.cherrycreekschools.org account and select the COVID Symptom Check tile
2. Using a QR code scanner on your smartphone, scan the image above
3. Visit this link: https://bit.ly/ccsd-health
Staff will ask students upon arrival if he or she has been checked at home and be able to refer to a health services staff member if there is a concern of illness.