Ms. Kilar's 4th Grade
Friday, November 14, 2014
Shay Spirit Week
Our 5th graders are hosting a food drive for the next week and a half leading up to Thanksgiving break! Please keep an eye on the dates and what item they are requesting you to bring. It's only three days next week and the day before break.
"Let's beat the blah before break with a Spirt Day/Bring an item to school, to help cover the high need during the holiday season."
- Monday, Nov. 17th-Sports Day (Wear your favorite sports team's gear) and bring toiletries (tooth brush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, deodorant, toilet paper, etc)
- Wednesday, Nov. 19th Rainbow Bright Day (Wear your brightest colors) and bring a can of soup.
- Friday, Nov. 21st-Black & Orange Ram Day and bring a boxed food item
- Tuesday, Nov. 25th PJ day and bring any non perishable item for the movie.
- Please help support our trip to Camp Wolverine by purchasing our student designed notepads.
- There is no school Nov. 26-28 for Thanksgiving break and no school Dec. 1 for teacher inservice.
- Book order: I've included a holiday book order form in the Friday folder this week. This is the last order I'll send before the holidays. If you would like to place an order please do so before Nov. 25. This way books will be here before we go on break. If it's a Christmas present please let me know so I don't just give the books to your kiddo.
Tuesday - PE
Wednesday - Music/Library
Thursday - Art
Friday - PE
Monday - Library
Tuesday - Music
Next week we will be reading the story, "Flat Stanley." Students will be writing a letter to a friend or family member and mail Flat Stanley to them for a visit. There is a letter in your child's Friday folder about the activity. There is also an index card attached for you to write the name and address of someone your family knows who would love to have Flat Stanley come visit.
- Math: Chapter 2 Extra practice (pp 47-48) in their Math Workbook
- Spelling: Worksheet and practice using Spelling City
- Grammar: Worksheet
- extra snacks
- post-it notes
- Extra copies of the Lorax - If you have the book "The Lorax" could we please borrow it for next week??? Thanks in advance ;)