The Bird is the Word
This is what's STATpening
Is up and running and AMAZING! Thank you Terri and Anna for your persistence and perseverance and creativity.
Teachers Helping Teachers
Andrea sent the email about Wixie which helped Michelle's class get onto Wixie with no problems!
It's been HOT!
Who is ready for cool weather, football, pumpkins, PSLs, and leaves changing color?! Thanks to everyone who offered up their free AC. Only a few more months until everyone can hopefully have it!
Teachers Helping Teachers
Enjoy the LOOOOONG weekend!
- ANNE PHILLIPS is the winner of the first APPY HOUR raffle drawing! Please come a choose a prize!!
Loving our Edmodo ALL-STARS: Mary Boniface, Mike Kuczmynda & Emily Pfeifer
Students should be using it 15 minutes, 3 times per week.
Problems with Wonders, Wixie, Dreambox...
- We know that they are working to resolve the issues students are having with accessing Wonders. THANK YOU for being patient! It is surely frustrating!! Please continue to report the issues.
- It's been reported that you can assign an activity in Wixie, but the kids cannot open it. Try using Google Chrome or Firefox with BCPSOne and Wixie.
- How to OPEN BCPSOne in Google Chrome if it is opening in Internet Explorer:
- If you have specific students that cannot get into Dreambox, and you know they are assigned to a math class because it comes up in their BCPSOne classes, then please email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org with the student's name.
Tech Liaison's Corner: Our superstars ALLEY & KATIE
- Please do not update anything...ever. Our tech liaisons will do the updates for you remotely. If you see a pop-up window, Java for example, click "Later". Do not click "Update".
- Please SHUT DOWN your device every day before you leave and if you take your device home, sign out and shut down before coming back to school.
- Teachers can and are encouraged to call the Help Desk at x4672 OR complete this online Help Desk form: https://intranet.bcps.org/offices/csc/ when experiencing technical problems outside of BCPSOne (curriculum, Dreambox, Wonders, Wixie, etc.)
- For any BCPSOne problems (curriculum, Wonders, Wixie, Dreambox, etc.) please fill out the Online Support Request located in BCPSOne
Coming Up...things to think about, but not do anything with yet.
- We will not be completing official Teacher Development Plans this year (yay!)
- Instead we will fill out a brief Google Form on your professional development goals and how you will achieve them (choosing one of the Bird U options)
- The form will be short and sweet :)
- We will no longer complete the teacher self-assessment or the teacher development plan document
- SLOs will be due on October 30th
- We will work in grade levels to complete our SLOs
Wixie CPD Class
CPD 1 Credit Course opportunity: Using Pixie and Wixie in the Teaching and Learning Process
Any questions please don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com
Please sign up ASAP!
See below for information:
All Elementary,All Middle
9/10/2015, 9/17/2015, 9/24/2015, 10/1/2015, 10/8/2015
4:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Oakleigh Elementary Lab
Participants will be able to plan, create, and edit images and graphic organizers using program toolbars and commands.
Participants will be able to add graphics, sound, animation, clip art, digital images, and special effects to design informational documents and original artwork.
Participants will be able to identify resources which can support and extend drawing-based applications.
Participants will be able to identify ways in which drawing-based applications can be used to meet professional and instructional needs.