January 4, 2015
Mission & Vision Statements:
Our vision is to ensure that students SOAR to the highest level of success because "college and career readiness" begins with a strong academic foundation.
10,000 Books Read Goal and Honor Choir
It was such a pleasure to have our good friend, Mr. Goolsby, as our guest reader.
The honor choir rocked it!
The most difficult student may be the one that needs you the most...don't give up on them!
Happy New Year!! Wishing everyone a wonderful and prosperous 2016!!
2. Path Driver - Let Ms. Flint know if any students have not taken the ORF/Maze or Math Path Driver test. Kindergarten and First grade teachers need to make sure all Early Literacy Assessments have been given to their students.
3. RTI Data Chats - Thursday, January 7th in Megan's room. RTI teachers need to take folders to Megan's room at the end of the day on Wednesday. Bring Path Driver for Reading and Math data so we can discuss student needs and concerns.
4. RTI teachers - meet with Ms. Flint to discuss folder audit after RTI data chat on Thursday.
5. 3rd-5th – Jan. MSP Math Training – Please put in for your substitutes when you get your confirmation e-mail from PLAN that you have been registered.
5. January 4th – January 22nd - Technology Coach visits (Linda Bagwell – K-2nd). You will schedule times for her to come to your classrooms for lessons.
10 Day Forecast of Upcoming Events
1/04/16 - Staff Development from 7:40-3:10, No Students
1/05/16 - Grade verifications due by 11:00 AM
1/05/16 - 2nd Semester begins - Students return to school
1/06-07/16 - Dominoes Pizza Spirit Nights
1/06/16 - Box Tops for Education Collection day
1/11/16 - Mid-Year Promotion/Retention meetings begin with parents (a new folder has been added Google Drive under Resources/Forms titled "Academic Conferences/Retention")
1/11/16 - Report Cards go home
1/18/16 - No School; Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
What’s the most rewarding thing about what you do?
Knowing a student looks forward to seeing me every day! Seeing that look in their eyes when they "get it".
Why did you choose this profession?
I've worked in education for 16 years in different capacities from elementary to college level. This job gives me a wonderful feeling of accomplishment when I can help a student understand something they hadn't been able to before.
What is one thing people might not know about you?
I have a Masters Degree In Adult Education and Administration.
What profession other than your own would you most like to attempt?
Being a new broadcaster! I actually started out college doing this!
What is top on your bucket list?
Going to Hawaii!
If you could have one super power, what would it be and why?
I would love to have the ability to know what people are thinking about me - but wouldn't that be scary too? Eek.
Is there anything else you would like us to know about you?
I have two awesome kids. My daughter Melinda is 28 and has a degree in Healthcare Administration. She is now working on her Masters in Health Care Administration and works in marketing at a long term care facility. My son is 21 and just moved into his own apartment! YAY! He is studying database administration at Austin Peay.
BoomWriter (boomwriter.com) — BoomWriter makes the writing process visual and engaging. It has three sections: StoryWriter, ProjectWriter and WordWriter. In StoryWriter, students write a story in an illustrated digital book. They can later order real published copies of their books. ProjectWriter is a platform for non-fiction group writing projects. WordWriter makes vocabulary fun and interactive.