What is Methamphetamine?
What is meth made of
Meth is made of a chemical used to dissolve gunk in clogged sink drains, fertilizer, metal used in rechargeable batteries, paint thinner, over the counter cold medicine, and other poisonous and strange ingredients.
How meth can be used/What forms does meth comes in
Meth can be smoked, swallowed, chopped up and snorted, or melted and injected into the body. Meth comes in a crystal type of form called "Crystal Meth". Meth can also be formed into a white pill.
- Ice Cream
What are some health hazards meth can cause
Meth can increase adrenaline in our body making you think that you have a great burst of energy. After the meth has worn off the users will fall asleep for a long period of time. Body temperature will rise and if users use meth to much they will go through extreme weight loss. Meth can also cause strokes and heart attacks. Some long term effects meth has on users is sleeping, anxiety, confusion, mood swings, changes in how the brain works, and violent behavior.
Contact the following for help
- "Des Moines Crystal Meth Addiction Treatment Programs." Des Moines Crystal Meth Addiction Treatment Centers and Rehab Programs. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Apr. 2016.
- "ADDICTION TREATMENT CENTERS IN CEDAR RAPIDS, IOWA." Cedar Rapids, IA Rehab Centers and Addiction Treatment. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Apr. 2016.
- "Methamphetamine." NiDA For Teens. N.p., n.d. Web. 6 Apr. 2016.
- Burlingame, Jeff. Crystal Meth. New York: Marshall Cavendish, 2014. Print.
- Norquist, Lara, and Frank Spalding. The Truth about Methamphetamine and Crystal Meth. New York: Rosen Pub., 2012. Print.