Kearney High School A+ Program
What is the A+ Program?
Students who have received their A+ certification must claim this financial incentive within 48 months of their high school graduation.
What are the steps to A+ certification?
1. Be a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident.
2. Enter into a written agreement for the A+ program before graduation. (A+ applications are available in the main office, or the links below)
3. Attend an A+ designated high school for three years immediately prior to graduation.
4. Graduate with a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher.
5. Have at least a 95% cumulative attendance rate.
6. Complete at least 50 hours of tutoring. (All tutoring must be unpaid tutoring in the Kearney School District. Tutoring placements must be approved by Mrs. Hartman).
7. Complete an A+ Training and A+ Training Verification Form
8. Maintain a good citizenship record and avoid the unlawful use of drugs and/or alcohol while in grades 9-12.
9. Have achieved a score of proficient or advanced on the Algebra I EOC or another DESE-approved exam.*
10. Completion of the FAFSA is required by the state to receive financial incentives.
11. Male student must register for the Selective Service (if turning 18 before graduation)
For more information on the state requirements for A+ certification, visit the Missouri Department of Higher Education website.
*For more information on the math requirement, please visit the Missouri Department of Higher Education website. Students may receive their eligibility through a qualifying GPA and combined ACT math score. Please visit the site above to see this scale.
A+ Tutor Training
Know your A+ Status
If you are a parent who has a question about your student's A+ status, please contact Laura Hartman with any questions.