By: Taressa M. Watson
Figurative Language #1
- “Your words cut deeper than a knife” (Metaphor)
Figurative Language #2
- “Now that I'm without your kisses I'll be needing stitches” (Hyperbole)
Figurative Language #3
- “Just like a moth drawn to a flame” (Simile)
The tone of the song is sentimental because the author uses the words Hurt, help, Aching, pain, and dead.
The mood of the song is sad because the song has the words Hurt, help, Aching, pain, and dead.
Aching-throbbing with pain, or feeling intense or wistful sadness; sorrowful.
- Mendes, Shawn Peter Raul. "Shawn Mendes." - Stitches Lyrics. LYRICS © BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC, 2016. Web. 18 Feb. 2016.
- Shawn Mendes - Stitches Lyrics Quiz. Digital image. Kysof. Kysof, 2015. Web. 22 Feb. 2016.