Gorge W Bush
gorge w bushs life
Gorege w bush and 9/11
George W. Bush had important business to attend to on September 11th: reading a book, The Pet Goat, with second-graders in Emma T. Booker Elementary School in Sarasota, Florida, ostensibly to promote his "education program". Before entering the classroom around 9:02 AM he was aware of the crash of Flight 11 into the North Tower. Later he said: And I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower -- the TV was obviously on, and I use to fly myself, and I said, 'There's one terrible pilot.' And I said, 'It must have been a horrible accident.' But I was whisked off there -- I didn't have much time to think about it."
Five fun facts about George w bush
- During his time at Yale University, George Bush was arrested for stealing a Christmas wreath from a hotel. The charges were later dropped.
- The Texas Rangers baseball franchise was owned by George Bush from 1989 to 1994. In 1991, a new stadium was in the process of being built and cost $191 million. The stadium was funded by a voter-approved local tax increase.
- the 2002 State of the Union address was the first to broadcast live on the Internet.
- in 1993, Bush ran the Houston Marathon and finished in 3 hours and 44 minutes. He was the first president to finish a marathon in his life .
- He is also one of four presidents who were cheerleaders at their alma mater. The other three are Franklin D. Roosevelt, Dwight D. Eisenhower, and Ronald Reagan.