Name and Alias
- The scientific name for our topic is Sturnus Vulgaris.
- The common name for this bird is the European Starling, Starling or the purple- winged starling.
A physical description.
- Chunky, black-bird sized
- short tails
- Long, slender beaks
- In flight, their wings are short and pointed, making them look like small 4 pointed stars. Thus, getting their name
- At distance, they look black.
- In the summer they are a purplish-green iridescent with yellow beaks.
- In fresh winter, they look brown with white spots.
Birthplace and Method of transportation
This Bird was originally from North America. They arrived by Shakesphere Enthusiastis
This species is found in almost all of our 50 states year-round.
- They poop in the water
- carry diseases
- Also, eat farmers crops
What is one way we are trying to manage the negative impact of the European Starling in the United States. Starlings may selectively eat the high-protein supplements that are often added to livestock rations.
Tatyana Alston, Crystal Yapul