Roba Family Farms
Back to School picnic
WEATHER ALERT - Please check BB announcements and school email for any cancellations due to weather prior to leaving your home
Roba's BTS picnic
Friday, Sep. 14th, 11am-3pm
230 Decker Rd, N. Abington Twp, PA 18414
We will also have several firepits lit, so bring marshmallows, hot dogs, etc to roast on the campfire if you wish.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE EMERGENCY FORM (directly underneath this box) THROUGH THE LINK BELOW IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY
11am once we have purchased tickets as a group - VERY IMPORTANT to be on time
10:30 - Assignment to and Ice breakers with your team
11:00-12:00 - Enter the park and enjoy the animals
12:00 - 12:30 - meet at the Big Top pavilion - eat lunch together - bring your own bag lunch or purchase food there - you will also receive your pumpkin bag and directions for the mazes at this time
12:30pm - Parent Info session for new families and for those entering high school
12:30 - 3pm - enjoy all of the activities at Roba's, mingle with families, staff
Purpose : Social & Educational
Parents and student will understand the role of the Family Support Coordinator including first point of contact for non-academic needs and outings.
- Parents and students will understand the PA Virtual attendance policy and procedure, including tips on creating a contingency plan for what to do if power/internet goes down or laptop is out for repairs.
- Parents and students will learn the importance of communication with all school personnel via school-provided email.
- Parents and students will be provided the opportunity to get hands-on assistance with accounts and navigation of learning platforms.
- Parents will be introduced to the Parent Ambassador Program
- Parents will be provided guidance in developing an appropriate learning environment for their students.
- Parents will be provided valuable insight on planning their school day.
- Parents and students will meet various PA Virtual staff members.
8. Students will participate in ice-breaker activities to become familiar with other PA Virtual students.
9. Students will utilize strategic thinking skills to navigate the corn maze at the farm.
10.Students will use various communication skills while interacting with other students, parents, and staff.11.Students will explore the pumpkin patch to select a small pumpkin to keep.
Educational Hours to log in OLS: 120 min in Lang. Arts, 30 min in History & 120 min in PE
Reminders about all PA Virtual Outings
1: In consideration of our students with serious allergies, please refrain from bringing nut (food) products and balloons.
2: As always, to limit the spread of possible flu, please do not attend a PA Virtual event if you have had a fever within 24 hours of the event.
3: For safety: All students need to be accompanied by a parent or learning coach. All students must wear shoes/sneakers for the entire school event and please refrain from bringing pets.
4: If there is a possibility of severe weather, please check Blackboard the day of the event in case of cancellation due to weather.
5: All PA Virtual events are tobacco free. Please do not smoke near or around any children or the outing facility.