Olive Chapel Elementary PTA News & Information
~ May 13 - May 17, 2019 ~
May 11 - CARNIVAL!
May 13 - Field Day, Tracks 3 & 4
May 16 - Parent Monitor EOG Training (see below)
May 21 - Track 1 EOG Testing Begins (schedule here)
May 27 - HOLIDAY, NO SCHOOL
June 3 - Track 1 5th Grade Sail Up Ceremony
June 3 - Spring Chorus Concert, 6:00 p.m.
June 5 - Walk to School Wednesday
June 13 - Final PTA Meeting of School Year, 6:00 p.m., Media Center, ALL ARE WELCOME
June 17 - Track 2, 3, 4 EOG Testing Begins (schedule here)
June 27 - Track 2 & 3 5th Grade Sail Up Ceremony, 10:30 a.m.
June 27 - Track 4 5th Grade Sail Up Ceremony, 1:00 p.m.
June 28 - LAST DAY OF 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR!
Carnival is Here!
Carnival is Friday, May 11th from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.!
Tickets will be available for purchase on site. PLEASE NOTE:
- If you use a credit card, there will be an additional processing fee.
- Concessions in the cafeteria are CASH ONLY
- Game tickets will be exchangeable for raffle tickets later in the evening
We are very excited about the new Teacher Experience Raffle! Check out the list of experiences here! Here are a few notes to remember about the Raffle:
- Double raffle tickets (numbered) will be used, so we will NOT require people to write their names on the back. YOU WILL NEED TO KEEP YOUR STUBS to identify yourself as the winner.
- WINNERS WILL BE DRAWN AFTER CARNIVAL (you do not need to be present to win)
- Winning numbers will be posted on www.ocepta.com/winners by noon on Saturday (5/11) and a Beacon Blast will also be sent with the winning numbers.
- Winners will have 1 WEEK to identify themselves by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If no winner steps forward in that time, then a second winner will be drawn and the number will be advertised in the Beacon.
EOG Testing Training
EOG Testing is coming! We are in great need of volunteers to help proctor inside of classrooms and to be hallway monitors. We need volunteers for small group settings, homerooms, and hallways.
If you'd like to come to the training first to see what's entailed in the various locations, you may come to the training first and then sign up as a proctor or hall monitor.
If for any reason you are unable to make it to a date you signed up for, please cancel it on the sign-up AND email Ms. Johnson at email@example.com. Thank you so much for all you do for our students and school!
A link to the sign-ups and information page can be found on the OCE webpage here.
Track 3 & 4 Field Day is Monday!
Tracks 3 and 4 Field Day is Monday, May 13 (rain date May 14). To volunteer, contact your teacher!
What you need to know:
- The students and their teachers will be visiting 12 different stations outside the school building enjoying a variety of activities.
- Morning events run from 9:30 – 11:30 for 3-5
- Afternoon events run from 1:20 – 3:20 for K-2
- Volunteers will be at the stations to help with the activities (especially the ones that include refreshments and water games).
- Volunteers will meet in the gym at 8:40 for the morning shift and at 12:45 for the afternoon shift.
- Parents, please make sure your student is wearing proper clothing, shoes and sunscreen. Students may bring water bottles.
- Good sportsmanship is expected at all times!
- “A good sport always tries their best, encourages others and has team spirit”.
Thank you so much for helping Coach Roberts and our teachers make Field Day a fun and healthy event for our students! We can't do it without you!
AFMS PTA POSITIONS
Attention Rising 6th Grade Families that will be attending Apex Friendship Middle School, the AFMS PTSA needs your help! The Board is on the verge of not existing next year. We have 2 VP roles and several Committee Chairs staying on but we can't have a PTSA without a President, Secretary and Treasurer. We still have a lot of background and procedural items that need to be in place so ideally we need a President that has PTA Board Experience. The details for all the open positions can be found here.
If you are interested, sign-up here.
Voting is next Monday, May 13th. (If we don't get enough interest we could push voting back to our final meeting of the year 6/10).
Please feel free to email us if you have any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food 4 Kids
The Food 4 Kids collection bin is right outside the front office!
Publix Gift Cards are always welcome, but if you are interested in donating specific items, here is a list of current needs:
Canned Meats (Tuna, Chicken)
Beans (canned or dried)
Rice (small bags)
Soup or Ramen Noodles
Mac & Cheese
Individually bagged snacks (Goldfish, Pretzels, Raisins)
Thank you for continuing to support our OCE community.
In the Community
AFHS Summer Sports Camps
Track 1 - May 6 - May 24
Track 4 - May 27 - June 14
Track 3 - June 17 - June 28