Gobble Gobble Gobble
News This Week
We have a field trip on Wednesday. We will leave school at 9:00 and return around noon. We may be outside, so please dress students accordingly.
Our Thanksgiving lunch is served in the cafeteria this Thursday. Guests are $3.75 and the lunch will be at 11:15. Please let me know if you plan on coming so I can alert the cafeteria to how many guests we will have. I will bring pumpkin pies. If anyone is allergic, please let me know ahead of time!
First grade has been learning about healthy living. On Thursday, our health fair will be in the auditorium featuring a project from each class. You are welcome to walk through the health fair and see our work.
Snow Wizard Tuesday - $1.00
Studies This Week
- Skills: Compare and Contrast and Preview
- Phonics: Long e spelled ee or __e
- Phonics: Syllables VCCV (split words between the consonants like tum|my
- Sight words: also family new other some their
- Practice at home: Read decodables and AR books
- The Unit 2 Test will be given Friday in place of the weekly test. It will cover the skills from Unit 2.
- Practice spelling and writing words.
- We are now using spellingcity in class on the ipads as well!
Visit spellingcity.com/meverette for more practice.
- Words this week: be, feet, he, see, we, green, me she, tree, week, some, family
- Finishing Unit 3 - Counting to higher numbers and finding missing numbers.
- Practice at home: Have students count and write to very high numbers (over 100). Dry beans, candy, rice, etc. are all good for counting.
- Call out higher numbers (between 50 and 150) and have students write the number. Check for things like: 108, 109, 1010, 1011 -- this is a common mistake!
These words are used in English, math, or science we will learn throughout the week. Words are NOT tested, but will help understanding. Students are not expected to be able to spell these words.
- individual, industrious, special, creep, slither, romp, eagerly, wander
- pattern, 100 chart, sum, addition, subtraction, plus, minus
- nutrition, food group, grain, vegetable, fruit, dairy, protein, meat, healthy, iron
Writing & Grammar
- Identifying nouns in a sentence
- Journal writing, writing about healthy choices (expository), writing for our project
- Food groups, healthy choices, nutrition
- Working on a health fair activity to present to the other classes - Our class picked finding iron in cereal. If you have any empty cereal boxes please send them in Tuesday.
- Thanksgiving - Wampanog Indians
Thanksgiving Holidays - Nov 26th, 27th, and 28
Thanksgiving Week - November 24-28
Monday and Tuesday will be reserved for working on some winter projects, finishing up any missing tests, and some fun math activities. We will not have "tests" these two days.
Canned Food Drive - Bring Dry or Canned Foods This Week
Dates to Know
17- 2nd Grade Canned food Drive Begins
18- Blood donation out of uniform
19- 1st Grade FT- Five Rivers
20- Cafeteria-Thanksgiving Meal
Auditorium - Health Fair
GPS- Gym 3:00
26-28- Thanksgiving Holidays
1- Toy Drive Begins Until the 5th
2- Snow Wizard
5- Center Stage Performance auditorium 1:00- K/1; 1:45- 2/3