The One and Only Earth
By: Sofia Swoap
What to Bring...
Earth... just the facts
- In the beginning, Earth was a magma ocean. Then collisions began and the earth started to cool. Then water vapor began to escape and condense in the early atmosphere. Clouds formed and then the rain came. This further cooled the earth and resulted in seas. The earth now is 4.6 billion years ago.
- This planet is the only green and blue planet and is 5.972 times 10 to the 24th power kg.It has one moon and is the densest planet in our solar system.
- Rotation is the spinning of Earth on its axis and is the cause of night and day.
- Revolution is the period of time it takes for the Earth to orbit the sun.
- Our energy comes from the sun through nuclear fusion. This happens when two atoms of hydrogen combine to form a helium atom and a lot of energy is released in the process.
- The objects in our solar system are all spherical because they have sufficient mass for their self-gravity to overcome rigid body forces.
- A light year is the time it takes for light to travel one year. It is 186,000 miles per sec.
- Gravity is the force that is responsible for creating our solar system. It was formed when when a cloud of gas and dust in space was disturbed and exploded.
- Also used study guide for information