Week at a Glance
Thank you so much for your support of EdCamp Druid Hills. I hope found it to be a valuable experience. Special thank you to our Campus Supervisors, Custodial Team, Administrative Assistants, and those of you who played a part in making this logistically happen.
Please take a few minutes to complete the survey below so that the cluster principals can reflect on the shared experience and make tweaks as needed for future opportunities.
Student Surveys & PSAT Updates
1. Student surveys will begin Tuesday-Friday. Mr. Alexander will randomly select students from your classes to do teacher surveys.
2. PSAT is Wednesday, please review the testing locations with your 10th grade students, proctor locations, class relocation (Math Teachers) and student reassignment for teachers have majority 10th graders and 2-3 students that are not in the 10th grade.
3. Bell scheduled will be modified:
1st period 8:10-9:40
2nd period 9:47-11:35 (Time maybe adjusted based upon completion of test)
Lunch Bells will be adjusted as needed.
4. PSAT testing will begin promptly at 8:20 (Math Hall will be closed for testing).
Please review the following documents. Please contact Mr. Alexander with any questions.
Congratulations Hakeem Enis
Congratulations to senior Hakeem Enis, selected as the Touchdown Club of Atlanta's Lineman of the Week. The Award will be presented at the Oct 15 Touchdown Club Meeting at the College Football Hall of Fame at 7pm. Fox 5 is scheduled to do their Sportscast at 6:50 from the Hall.
Red Devil Sports Updates
- Cross Country for placing 3rd (Boys) and 4th (Girls) at the DCSD Championships
- Softball for placing 3rd in Region 6-5A and qualifying for State for the first time in school history
- Volleyball for placing 4th in Region 6-5A and qualifying for State
From Ms. Austin
REMAIN CALM I WILL BE BACK ON VACATION
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 14TH – FRIDAY OCTOBER 16TH
Yes, I know that I just had this conversation with you all a few week ago...but it is true. But, remain calm I will be back on vacation for a couple of days this week Wednesday through Friday. I shall return with no anticipated future time off. As usual, I will do my best to handle whatever business I can on this Tuesday.
A couple of things to keep in mind:
- Deposits: Please try your best to do make deposits with me either today or tomorrow. Inform your students that deposits will be temporarily suspended until I get back. A gentle reminder: Technically speaking, Mrs. Cunningham, Mrs. Huffman, and Dr. Jackson should not be securing/holding funds for me to deposit. This could put them in a compromising situation.
- Check reimbursements: You can still leave any check request in my box
- Ordering: Suspended until 10/19/15
- Payroll: Hold your questions, thoughts, and concerns until I return or call the Payroll Line: ext 60025
- HR: please leave all statement(s) of leave in my box
I want to say thank you for doing a good job with taking care of business with me before I left. Also, I do appreciate the patience that you all have extended me while I was out. I can only hope that you will do the same this week until I return.
Any other concerns please email me or wait until I get back...preferably when I get back.
Grades due by noon
Applerouth ACT Class 3:30
Fifth Period & Study Hall 3:20
LAX Spirit Night @ Farm Burger
Wednesday, October 14
Deadline PTSA Grants
Emory Dream Program 3:30
Faculty Meeting 3:30
Sball Playoffs @ Dalton (Doubleheader) 3:30 pm
Thursday, October 15
Progress Reports Distributed during 2nd period
Vball Playoffs @ Northgate 5:30pm (Cunningham)
Sball Playoffs @ Dalton (Game 3 - If necessary)
After-school programs: 5th Period, Study Hall, ESOL Tutorial, & Emory Dream
Band/Chorus Concert 7pm (Theatre)
Friday, October 16
SST/504 Inservice during Planning
Fball @ Stephenson 8pm (Hallford) (Alexander)
Saturday, October 17
Mock ACT 9am (203A)
DHAA Blue Jeans & Barbecue 6-10pm
October 20: High School Nation 1-3pm (Arts Panel during 1st period - Theatre)
October 21: Leadership Team Meeting 3:30
October 22: Parent-Teacher Conferences 4-6, Literacy Night 6-7:30pm (Media Center), Marshall Orson Town Hall Meeting 7-9pm (Theatre)
October 23: Senior Class Mtg during 1st period, Junior Class Mtg during 2nd periodOctober 24: DCSD Parent Educational Awareness & Empowerment Conference 9am-1pm Columbia High School
AM Duty/PM Bus Duty
Science Bldg: Walton-Mouw
Bus Duty: Hartnett
Bus Duty: Bartlewski
A Lunch: C. Smith
B Lunch: Hart
C Lunch: Nicholson
D Lunch: Darden
1st: K. Jones, Matlock