Mental Health for Administrators
Supporting Minds & Leading Mentally Healthy Schools
What is it?
Supporting Minds provides an overview of child and youth mental health problems and the role of educators in supporting students’ mental health and well-being.
It also provides eight chapters on recognizing and responding to mental health problems among students.
Each chapter starts with an overview of the mental health problem, common signs and symptoms, and what educators can do in their classrooms. There is a section in each chapter on how to promote a mentally health classroom and how to support students with emotional and behavioural concerns. There is also a chart that provides specific classroom strategies to support students’ mental health related symptoms. (ASCD Jan.2014)
Practical and Easy to Use
Part One: Introduction
- The Role of Supporting Minds
- Understanding Child and Youth Mental Health and Addiction Problems
- The Role of Educators in Supporting Students’ Mental Health and Well-being
Preview - Part One
Consistent and practical format for each mental health concern:
- What Are Attention and Hyperactivity/Impulsivity Problems?
- What Do Attention and Hyperactivity/Impulsivity Problems Look Like?
- What Can Educators Do?
- Background Information