Parent / Student Newsletter *** August 2022
Welcome to the 2022-2023 School Year
A Letter From Mrs. Stacey Barber, Principal of Beverly Hills Intermediate
Dear Beverly Hills Parents and Community,
As principal of Beverly Hills Intermediate School, it is my pleasure to welcome everyone back for another great year in Pasadena ISD. It is our mission to help every child feel welcomed, connected and a part of our Beverly Hills Family. Additionally, we strive to challenge each student to grow in his or her academic abilities so they are prepared for high school by the end of their 8th grade year. This past school year, our students made tremendous gains academically. We are so proud of the growth and the work ethic that was displayed by our students. We preach doing your Personal Best each day. Thank you for working so hard.
At BHI, we have great teachers who spend hours planning and creating classroom activities to engage our students in learning. Our teachers utilize research-based best practices and analyze academic data to determine current skill levels and to set goals for growth and improvement. We believe that all students should leave intermediate school prepared for the demands of high school.
We hope that you will find our website helpful and informative. Our monthly newsletter and student calendar will be emailed through Skyward at the beginning of each month. They will also be found on our website and our student website, The Bear Den. Please make sure to follow Beverly Hills on Facebook. We will send out updates and information using both of these methods.
I am honored to serve as the principal of Beverly Hills Intermediate School. It is truly a priviledge to be a part of a community where parents, teachers and students care for each other and strive to build positive relationships that support academic and social growth.
Please feel free to contact me at 713-740-0420 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once again, welcome back! Let’s make it another great year in Pasadena together!
Stacey Barber, Principal
Bear Camp - For Incoming 7th graders
Immunization Requirements -Incoming 7th graders
Bell Schedule for 2022-2023 School Year
School Supply List for the 2022-2023 School Year
22-23 School Dress Code Expectations
Backpack Policy 2022-2023
- The tardy bell rings at 8:10. All students must be in class before 8:10
- Students that are tardy to school will receive disciplinary consequences
- All medical absences must have a doctors note turned in to the front office or submitted through Skyward
- All non-medical absences require a parent note within 2 days of the absence
- A maximum of 6 personal absences will be excused for the 22-23 school year. After 3 unexcused absences, a warning truancy letter will be issued by the district
Daily Arrival Procedures
Doors Open at 7:35am Daily
We have 3 entrances:
- Doors at front of school (car riders and walkers only)
- Exterior doors by the music area (music students)
- Doors by the library (bus riders)
Where to Report When you Arrive
All 7th and 8th Graders:
Before 7:40 A.M.
- All students will report to the cafeteria until an administrator releases students to tutorials or 1st period class
AFter 7:40 A.M.
- All students eating breakfast, will report to the cafeteria
- All students NOT eating breakfast, will report to tutorials or their 1st period class
When & Where is Breakfast Served?
- Breakfast is served for free from 7:45am - 8:05am.
- Students will get a grab and go breakfast and then eat in their 1st period classroom or in tutorials.
- If students want breakfast, they must get it when they arrive to campus. Students will not be allowed to come back to the cafeteria after arriving in class.
UPDATED LUNCH INFORMATION - Please read as there will NOT be Free Lunch for All
Update for 2022-2023 school year – Washington does not look to be extending waivers to allow PISD to continue serving all students for free at lunch so parents will have to complete free and reduced meal applications or send money for lunches this school year. The link to the application is below.
Please click on the button to fill out Free and Reduced Lunch Application
Food / Personal Deliveries
- Food Delivery services liker Uber Eats/Door Dash are not permitted for students.
- Food or Personal items will not be delivered to the classroom at any time for any reason. The office will send a note letting the student know to come pick up the item from the office. Ultimately, it is the student's responsibility to pick up his/her item from the office.
- BHI is not responsible for items left in the front office for pick up
- Tutorials are offered Monday - Friday for all classes from 7:40 - 8:05
- Teachers may specify one day in the week as a non-tutorial day
- All students and parents should regularly check grades and attend tutorials for any grade that needs to be improved
Cell Phone Policy
- Cell phones may not be seen or heard during the instructional day unless designated as a school-wide incentive
- Parents should always call the front office if a message needs to be delivered to their child
- Students must use a school phone to communicate needs with their parents
- If a student uses a cell phone without permission, has a cell phone on display in the hallways or during class, the cell phone will be taken up. There is a discipline consequence and it will be parent pick-up for each time a cell phone is taken up
- A $15 fee and a disciplinary consequence will be assessed after the 4th offense.
Parent / Visitors
All visitors must sign in and wear a visitor badge while in the school building
Lunch Visitations will only be allowed on Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays with the following exceptions:
- No visitations the first and the last 3 weeks of the school year
- No visitations for the weeks of State Testing
- No visitations on early release days
Student Check Outs:
- All students must be checked out before 3:15
2022-2023 District / School Calendar
The Bear Den is our student website. It is a one stop shop for BHI information and resources!