LVJHS Weekly Bulletin 1/15/2016
Dear LVJHS Family,
Walking around our campus during the school day is quite an experience. We have a special group of staff and students here at our school. The dedication and quality of our staff creates such a positive environment here at LVJHS! It is exciting and inspiring to be part of the LVJHS Family. Henry David Thoreau once stated: "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." It is easy to see great things are happening here at LVJHS. The pictures in this week's bulletin tell our story in a compelling manner. Our staff is the best, and you make a difference in the lives of our children every day.
Thank you all for making LVJHS a great place for students!
La Vernia Junior High School
Please check out Lead4ward.com to check out some powerful learning tools. Visit the link below to see some awesome instructional strategies in the STAAR4ward section in the Lead4ward website. Use "learn2lead" in the password area.
Please check out the memory pegs link to learn how to increase student retention through the use of movement and association. This was modeled by Mr. Kosub at our last faculty meeting.
Staff Spotlight: Lori Spencer!
We are proud to announce Mrs. Spencer as our spotlight staff member for the week! Mrs.
Spencer has done a wonderful job serving, leading, and providing support to everyone in need on our campus. She continually shares her professional knowledge, and works hard to guide our special education department in a positive, productive, and successful direction! She demonstrates leadership in multiple settings, and is truly an integral member of our Junior Team. Congratulations Mrs. Spencer!
Fundamental Five Focus...
We will statements give the overall focus of the learning objective for that day’s instruction. Lesson frames should be concise and specific to what will be learned that period. General or very ambiguous lesson frames are ineffective and will not give insight to what will be taught. This instructional filter is essential to guiding the lesson and giving the student a framework to place the instruction within.
Mrs. Bratcher and Mrs. Tichnell Teach Transversals through Kinesthetics!
Mrs. Richardson's and Mrs. Wallace's Students Learn Probability--with Goldfish!
Mrs. Thom's Students Learn Probability with Games!
UIL Spelling Students in Action!
Second Nine Weeks at a Glance
- October 26, 22015: LVJHS Volleyball vs Mountain Valley (7th/8th grade @ HOME)
- October 29, 2015: LVJHS Football vs Pleasanton (7/8th grade @ HOME)
- Oct. 26, 2015 Beginning of Sem 1 Cycle 2 (2nd ) 9 week Grading Period
- Oct. 26, 2015 LVJHS vs Mountain Valley (7th/8th grade HOME) (Volleyball)
- Oct. 26-30, 2015 Red Ribbon Week
- Oct. 26-30, 2015 LVJHS Book Fair in the La Vernia Jr. High Library
- Oct. 27, 2015 PTO MEETING @ 9:00 am
- Oct. 28, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 1 (9wk) Report Card Issued
- Oct. 29, 2015 LVJHS vs Pleasanton 7th/8th grade @ HOME (Football)
- Oct. 29, 2015 PEP RALLY
- October 30, 2015: Early Release/Staff Development
- Nov. 1, 2015 LVJHS VB vs Gonzales @Gonzales (5:00PM)
- Nov. 16, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (3 wk) Progress Report Grades are DUE
- Nov. 17, 2015 PTO MEETNG @ 9:00am
- Nov. 18, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (3 wk) Progress Report Grades ISSUED
- Nov. 23-27, 2015 THANKSGIVING BREAK
- Dec. 14, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (6 wk) Progress Report Grades DUE
- Dec. 15, 2015 JH Band Concert
- Dec. 15, 2015 PTO MEETING @ 9:00am
- Dec. 16, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (6 wk) Progress Report Grades ISSUED
- Dec. 16, 2015 HISTORY FAIR
- DEC. 18, 2015 EARLY RELEASE/STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- DEC. 21-JAN 4 WINTER BREAK>>>HOLIDAY
- JAN. 4, 2015 STUDENT HOLIDAY; STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- Jan. 11, 2015 School Board Meeting
- Jan. 15, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (9 wk) Report Card Grades are DUE
- Jan. 19, 2015 Semester 2 BEGINS
- Jan. 20, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (9 wk) Report Card ISSUED