The legal, but very dangerous drug
By: McKenzie Rendall, Nicole Amari and Sarah Locke
How is it used in medicine?
- natural alternative to a synthetic drug
- "Natural high"
- Relieves congestion
- used instead of inhalers
- Decongestant medicine
- Used as sedatives, hallucination, psychotherapy, and stimulants
- Helps breathing, and asthma
How does it interact with other medications and substances?
- When taken with weight loss products, fatal reactions can occur.
- In 2004, the FDA issued a safety warning.
- This can be extremely dangerous in athletic teenagers.
- It can be an unexpected energy booster
How do you take herbal ecstasy?
- Through pills
- Rolled into a cigarette and smoked
- injected into the body
- Crushed into a powder and snorted
- Liquid form
What are the effects of herbal ecstasy?
Herbal Ecstasy can play a big part on how a person feels during or after they take the drug.
- sensory disturbances
- heart attack
Herbal Ecstasy is an excitatory drug. Some long term effects of this are irregular heart beat and increased blood pressure.
How long do the effects last?
The high of herbal ecstasy lasts for up to 2 hours.
Herbal Ecstasy leaves the up body in up to 24 hours.
What is the withdrawal symptoms of herbal ecstasy?
Some of the symptoms include a decreased a need for sleep and a lessened appetite.
What are the laws/ social concerns over this drug?
Herbal Ecstasy is legal.
Natural Herbal Ecstasy Drug