What is a Fashion Designer?
Travels, Dangers, and Advatages
Education and Training
Fashion designers typically need a bachelor's degree in fashion design. Some fashion designers also combine a fashion design degree with a business, marketing, or fashion merchandising degree, especially those who want to run their own business or retail store.
- pattern making
- fashion history
- computer-aided design (CAD),
- design of different types of clothing such as menswear or footwear.
- Coursework in human anatomy, mathematics, and psychology also is useful.
- Designers must have a strong eye for color and detail, a sense of balance and proportion, and an appreciation for beauty. Fashion designers also need excellent communication. problem-solving skills, and good team work skills.
- In addition to creativity, fashion designers also need to have sewing and patternmaking skills, even if they do not perform these tasks themselves. Fashion designers also need strong sales and presentation skills to persuade clients to purchase their designs.
Top Schools for Education and Training
Parsons, The New School for Design- New York
Fashion Institute of Technology -New York
Drexel University- Philadelphia, PA
Why is a different language needed for this career?
A different language is needed because you will go out of the country to see what other people in different countries trends are and how they dress. You most likely will go to Europe in places like France, England, and Italy. And you will have to speak with designers that speak a different language.