District Update - April 16
With the month of May on the horizon, it’s hard to believe that another school year has almost come and gone.
I'd like to take a moment to remind our families and students to remain present in these final weeks. As parents, sometimes we forget to slow down and savor the many firsts and lasts that each school year brings. And, though several more exciting years of learning and growth are still in store for our younger students, I am sure our high school families wouldn't hesitate to share how quickly time flies!
Now is also a great time to thank those who have made a difference in your student's educational journey, as the first of May also marks the beginning of Teacher Appreciation Week. While we take time to honor and celebrate all of our Midview Local School District teachers during this week, our unwavering appreciation for them lasts all year long. Please help us recognize and honor Midview staff by leaving a short message of kindness. Messages will be shared with staff and on social media!
As always, your continued support of our students, staff, and district is greatly appreciated!
What to Know About Polling Locations
Precincts: Elyria City 1-A, 3-A, 3-B, 3-C, 3-D
- Polling Place: East Recreation Center (1101 Prospect St., Elyria)
Precincts: Elyria City 3-E & Carlisle Township #1
- Polling Place: Grace Lutheran Church (9685 East River Rd., Elyria)
Precincts: Elyria City 5-B, 5-C, 5-D
- Polling Place: South Park Rec. Center (101 South Park Dr., Elyria)
Precincts: Carlisle Township #2, #3, #4, #5
- Polling Place: First Baptist Church of Elyria (1140 LaGrange Rd., Elyria)
Precincts: Eaton Township #1, #2, #3
- Polling Place: North Eaton Christian Church (35895 East Royalton Rd., Grafton)
Precincts: Grafton Township #1, #2
- Polling Place: Grafton Twp. Fire Station (17109 St. Rt. 83, Grafton)
Precincts: Grafton Village #1, #2, #3, #4
- Polling Place: Our Lady Queen of Peace (708 Erie St., Grafton)
Not sure which precinct you live in? We've got you covered. Look up your address to find your associated polling location by visiting the link below!
Success, Updates & Quick Bits
Midview High School Current Events Students Named Top Ten Class Finalist in 2023 Stop the Hate Youth Sing Out Awards
Midview High School first-period Current Events students have been named a Top Ten Class Finalist in the 2023 Stop the Hate Youth Sing Out Awards. Their original song, “Life is Full of Color,” will compete for the grand prize and a school anti-bias grant from the Maltz Museum. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, April 19, at 7 pm during a virtual ceremony.
Through a dual partnership, the Nancy & David Wolf Holocaust & Humanity Center in Cincinnati and the Maltz Museum in Cleveland established Stop the Hate as a statewide campaign to increase Holocaust education. Read the full story here.
Trick Hoops and Alley-Oops
The world-famous Harlem Wizards are coming to Midview to take on our staff! Join us in the K-Gym on April 18 at 6:30 p.m. for some family fun! Purchase pre-sale tickets online, starting at $12. Thank you to our Midview PTA for coordinating this wonderful experience for our students!
15% off Midview Gear in the Sideline Store
Middies in the News
- Midview's Mary Meng, Olmsted Falls Paige Kohler to play in OHSBCA North-South All-Star Game
- 2023 Youth Boys Basketball Camp is June 13-15 - Midview Local Schools
- Midview girls basketball: Meng recommits from Bowling Green to Fralick, Michigan State
- High school baseball: Shorthanded Avon Lake gladly accepts Midview'sgenerosity in 6-4 win
- 2023 Midview Youth Volleyball Camp is June 26-30
- Avon vs. Midview softball: Middies' powerful lineup hands Eagles first SWC loss
- Boys Volleyball to Host Youth Camp April 22 - Midview Local Schools