Orange Wave Band Boosters
Football Season is Here!
- Make sure they are ready to go, including instrument, flipbook (music) and lyre, 1/2 gallon jug of WATER (Band students do not visit the concession stands during the game!), compression shorts, black socks, marching shoes, hats, & gloves. Students may not have anything extra in the stands.
- Away Games: Students stay at school. They are provided a meal & ride the bus to & from the game. Make sure they have everything they need when they arrive to school in the morning. (Any changes in transportation following events must be provided in writing to the directors before the day of the event. Uniforms are turned in following each event, so arrangements will need to be made with a buddy for this as well.)
- Home Games: Transportation & meals are not provided-Please make a plan for your student to eat & have a ride to the stadium. Students celebrate after home games at Cici's pizza with the directors. We have great community partners in Rockwall who support our students! (Transportation is not provided & there is a small fee for this optional event.)
- All Games: Please come to support the OWB, but refrain from interacting during the game. Our students are working during the game, & must stay focused on their job! Only OWB members & chaperones may enter the designated band area. (Want to get closer to the action? Contact Brooklyn Farmer to be a chaperone!)
- Audience: The OWB loves their fan club! We set the example for the rest of the crowd by representing RHS & the OWB with pride. Be an encourager of all student groups throughout the game. Don't forget to get your orange gloves from the spirit wear table to wave!
- Seats: Wondering where to sit? Many OWB families sit near the band. Just look for all of the band spirit shirts!
- Good to Know: Most stadiums have a clear bag policy. Get yours today from the spirit wear tables! Ticket information for home & away games is found on the district website. Season tickets are for home games only. Be sure to get your tickets ahead of time so you don't miss out on the action! (We are the Visitors for this year's RHS vs. RHHS game. Buy your tickets as soon as they go on sale if you plan to go!)
Band Buddies have been posted on the band bulletin board outside the band hall door. This is a way our students connect across grade levels.
Looking for way to connect & support the OWB students? Reach out Keri Cunningham if you haven't signed up yet.
Snap! On-line Fund Raiser
The goal is for each student to raise $850. All of the proceeds go directly back to the students and the band program. Every donation, large or small, makes a huge difference!
What's Up with Downs
Weekly emails will continue to go out with important rehearsal, game, and competition information. Be sure to read them carefully and talk to your student about additional information given in class or at rehearsal. Subscribe to the Charms calendar for important dates.
We're off to a great start this season!
TURN IN FORMS!! Don't be last!
- Flip Folder & Lyre
- Korg TM-50c/CM 200 Tuner/Contact Mic Combo (If you already have a dedicated tuner and pickup mic, you DO NOT need to go out and repurchase this specific tuner/pickup combo)
- KJOS Foundations for Superior Performance Book – aka “Blue Book” (Instrument Specific)
All students will also need to have a Black 3 ring binder, their music, and a pencil every day in class. A pencil bag (to hold supplies) and clear non-glare sheet protectors (to hold music) is recommended in the binder. Single reed instrumentalists will be responsible for having 4 good working reeds at all times and a reed case. Double reed instrumentalists are responsible for having 3 good working reeds at all times, a reed soaker, and a reed case. All students should have proper cleaning supplies and other accessories pertinent to their instrument such as swabs, valve oil, slide grease, necessary mutes (as needed).
Students are responsible for replacing lost or damaged items as soon as possible. We will be doing supply checks as a part of our grades in class. Without the proper materials, students cannot participate correctly in class!
Know Faster with Lancaster
Trejo Spills the Tea
Take care of your body!
Join the Band app
Make sure you don't miss a thing! Join the band app for information, updates, picture, videos, & more!
To subscribe, compose a new text message to the number 81010, put the class code in the body of the text, and press send - super easy!
Class of 2024 students - @owbco2024
Class of 2025 students - @owbco2025
Class of 2026 students - @owbco2026
Class of 2027 students - @owbco2027
Class of 2024 parents - @owbpar2024
Class of 2025 parents - @owbpar2025
Class of 2026 parents - @owbpar2026
Class of 2027 parents - @owbpar2027
Upcoming Events- Check out the Band App for more details!
Follow Charms calendar for remaining rehearsals
August 21 Spirit Night-Chipotle 5:00-9:00 p.m.
August 26 Football Game (The Star @ Frisco 1:00 p.m. on Saturday)
September 1 Football Game (@ Dallas Jesuit)
September 7 Spirit Night-Panera Bread 4:00-8:00 p.m.
September 8 Home Football Game (vs. Prosper)
September 8 Cici's Pizza after the game
September 14 Home Football Game (vs. South Grand Prarie- Thursday)
September 14 Cici's Pizza after the game
September 22 Football Game (vs. RHHS-visitors @ Wilkerson-Sanders Stadium)
September 26 Spirit Night-Joe Willy's 5:00-9:00 p.m.
September 26 Stadium Rehearsal 6:00-8:00 p.m.
September 29 Homecoming Football Game (vs. Mesquite Horn)
September 29 Cici's Pizza after the game
September 30 Mesquite Marching Festival