AUGUST 26, 2021
ICCS Mission Statement:
WE HAVE INTERNET
We also thank John Gregory and the ICCS Advisory Board for going above and beyond to coordinate temporary internet service for all classrooms and work areas this morning. Suddenlink repairs will continue until the external connectivity issues are resolved and permanent internet service is fully restored to the ICCS campus.
WEATHER RELATED PRECAUTIONS
Dear ICCS Parents,
We are keeping a very close eye on the weather. We are in direct contact with the Office of Catholic Schools and will send out updates and alerts via email and text messages as needed if our area becomes threatened by the current storm system.
Keeping our students, families, faculty members, and community safe at all times is our top priority. Please continue to check your email and text messages regularly for important information from ICCS. If you have not opted in to our FACTS parent alert messaging system, please do so soon so you will receive texts from ICCS. To do this, please text "Y" (or the word "yes") to 67587.
I know this can be a very difficult and anxious time for everyone living in Southwest Louisiana, but let us look at it as an opportunity to dig deep into our faith and hope.
"One thing I have asked of the Lord, that I will seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in his temple. For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent, he will set me high upon a rock." -Psalm 27:4-5
Sister Mary Noel Pereira, RSM
Principal, Immaculate Conception Cathedral School
PLEASE COMPLETE IMPORTANT FORMS BY TOMORROW
FACTS FAMILY PORTAL LOGIN:
Choose Parent Login
Choose Family Portal
Enter the district code: ICCS-LA
Enter your username and password
(Be sure "Parent" is selected)
DROP OFF AND PICK UP REMINDERS
As we continue to settle into a new school year and work to perfect permanent and temporary arrival and dismissal processes, we ask parents and alternate departure approved drivers to please review the following information below to help make traffic on both sides of the campus flow smoothly each morning and afternoon. As always, we thank you for your continued support and cooperation.
RYAN STREET/PARK AVENUE FAMILIES:
- Please turn right onto Dr. Michael DeBakey Drive ONLY after exiting the Ryan Street drop-off and pick-up area. This will help keep cars moving consistently in the lines. This goes for arrival and dismissal times each day.
- For traffic safety purposes, please turn your vehicle hazard lights on when you are stopped and/or driving slowly toward the Ryan Street drop-off or pick-up area. This will help alert and warn other drivers on Ryan Street of stopped or decelerated traffic in the area.
- Please display your last name placards during afternoon dismissal time so duty teachers can clearly identify your vehicle and student’s name.
WILSON STREET FAMILIES:
- ONLY Early Bird families are to turn RIGHT onto Wilson Street (approaching from Ryan Street) during afternoon dismissal time. All Early Birds MUST BE picked up at 2:50 p.m. Once the Early Bird pick-up process is complete a duty teacher will motion to normal pick-up drivers to turn left onto Wilson and move toward the ICCS loading dock. Regular pick-up will begin at 3:00 p.m.
- Please do not turn right onto Wilson Street during morning drop-off time. Please approach Wilson Street by heading EAST on Dr. Michael DeBakey Drive and turning LEFT onto Wilson Street.
- Please display last name placards during afternoon dismissal so duty teachers can clearly identify your vehicle and student’s name.
COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
In an effort to keep our students, faculty, and staff members and their families safe and healthy, the following guidelines need to be followed consistently:
- It is our diocesan policy that at-home COVID test will not be accepted as valid documentation for children to return to school. Test results must include your child's name, date of their test, and doctor authorization.
- Please do not send your child to school if he or she is sick. All parents are asked to monitor their student’s health daily.
- Non-essential visitors are not allowed in the school building until further notice. If a parent is checking out a student or dropping off or picking up items, please press the intercom button near the front entrance and wait for a staff member to greet you at the door.
- All students, faculty, and staff members are required to wear a mask into the building every day. Please make sure your student has a mask with them when they exit your vehicle in the morning.
- The water fountains on campus have been disabled due to COVID precautions. Please send a bottle of water or a plastic container of water to school with your child each day. Students may refill plastic water containers throughout the day at one of the convenient refill stations throughout the building. Please make sure your child’s name is on the plastic water container.
SURVEY FORM DUE SOON
EARN EXTRA CASH FOR OUR SCHOOL
LOOKING FOR A LOST ITEM?
ICCS PTO NEWS
BULK ORDERS AVAILABLE
All business bulk orders will include personalized company gift tags and free home delivery to clients living in the Lake Charles area. Nation-wide delivery is also available for out-of-town customers. All orders will arrive directly from the Pacific Northwest in late November, just in time to decorate for the Christmas season. The items are fresh, fragrant, and will look nice in any home or office space.
Just a reminder, ICCS families earn PTO points by selling greenery and/or helping out with this fundraiser. Please reach out the Doris and Jessica at email@example.com for more details, or to recommend an area business for bulk order solicitation.
SAVE THE DATE!
ROSARY AROUND THE LAKE OCTOBER 3
This year's Rosary Around the Lake event will be held on Sunday, October 3, at 2:00 p.m. at the Lake Charles Civic Center. All are invited to participate. Special t-shirts will be available but they MUST BE ORDERED BY Sunday, September 5. Click the link below to place an order.
Over 800 people participated in Rosary Around the Lake in 2018 and again in 2019. Please help the organizers make this year’s Rosary Around the Lake the best possible tribute to Our Lady! Check out the link below for more information.
FACTS FAMILY PORTAL
Parent Portal access to student grades and assignments.www.factsmgt.com