Questions and Answers
What causes Dyslexia?
Symptoms of Dyslexia..
How do you treat dyslexia?
- Physiological testing for teachers to find suitable program
- Not usually treated with meds, unless they have another condition
- Learn simple sounds and phonics
- Extra time and attention in the classroom
- Word processing programs with spell check
- Books on tape
- Reading off questions in tests
Stats and Data..
2. 1 in 5 students has a language based learning disability, of which dyslexia is the most common.
3. The same percentage of males and females have dyslexia.
4. 15-20% of the nation suffers from dyslexia.
5. 20% of people with ADHD have dyslexia
Albert Eintstein's Story
Albert Einstein. (n.d.). foGlobe. Retrieved August 27, 2013, from http://foglobe.com/albert-einstein.html
Recognizing Voices Harder for People With Dyslexia | Fox News. (n.d.). Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos. Retrieved August 27, 2013, from
Child Dyslexia: Symptoms, Causes, & Treatments. (n.d.). WebMD - Better information. Better health.. Retrieved August 27, 2013, from http://www.webmd.com/parenting/helping-children-with-dyslexia
Dyslexia & Resource Center | Park Place Christian Academy . (n.d.). Park Place Christian Academy | Soli Deo Gloria . Retrieved August 27, 2013, from http://www.goppca.com/drc/
"Dyslexia: Treatments and drugs - MayoClinic.com." Mayo Clinic. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Aug. 2013. <http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dyslexia/DS00224/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs>.