The World of Westwood Wolves
There is no place like our PACK. #WestwoodFamily
September 8th, 2023
We had another Wonderful Westwood Week!
Student Led conferences information went home in Tuesday folders this week. Please mark your top choices and send it back to us. Our teachers will be working on coordinating sibling conferences next week and will send the confirmation note back to you. We will share more information about Student Led conferences in the next couple of newsletters.
Students who tested this week did a great job taking the MAP assessment. As a reminder, all K-9 students take the NWEA MAP Growth assessment three times per year. This assessment is another tool we use to modify instruction to meet the needs of our learners. Below are some links to more information about the assessment.
During the upcoming Student Led Conferences, teachers will be sharing our learners' reports with a graph that shows where the students are and their next goal. If at any time questions come up, please email or call us.
Thank you for being part of our PACK!
Mrs. Kimberly Crumby, Principal
Mrs. Martha Tompkins, Assistant Principal
SPS Mini Wild-Dog K-6 Cross Country Races
We are excited to share with you a year at a glance calendar for our building!!! Please note the date of the 5th grade Music performance has changed.
September Lunch Menu
Mark your calendars!
Information from previous newsletters below...
Free and Reduced lunch forms
No check, no cash, no problem!
NOTE: Please be aware that there is a service fee when paying online.
Our School Day
- If you have students in grades Kindergarten through 2nd grade, your students will need to be dropped off and picked up in the front of the building.
- If you have students in grades 3rd-5th your students will need to be dropped off and picked up on the east side of the building.
- For the safety of all students, please have their car tag hanging on the rear view mirror as we are continuing to use the same dismissal procedures as the last couple of years.
- Teachers and support staff will be available to help students find their way to their classroom the first few days of school.
- Once again this year, students who are walkers or bike riders will be dismissed on the far side of the fence on McRay Ave.
- We ask that parents do not congregate inside the fence for our students' safety.
- We will continue to have a cross guard at the corner of McRay Ave. and Carlton St.
- We ask that students and their families refrain from crossing in front of the building on McRay Ave.
We appreciate your patience as we work through all of these items on the first days of school. Our students' safety is our number one priority. We cannot do it without your help!
Sept. 12-3rd & 5th Grade MAP Testing
Sept. 13-Back to School Rally at Arvest Ballpark
Sept. 14-3rd & 5th Grade MAP Testing
Sept. 15-5th Grade MAP Testing
Sept. 19 & 20-Kindergarten MAP Testing
Sept 21-Pizza with the Principals at 11:15 am.
Sept-25-Student Led Conferences from 3:15 to 7:00 pm.
Sept. 26-Student Led Conferences from 3:15 to 6:00 pm.
Sept. 25-28-Book Fair
Sept 27-GRAND book fair event at 7:20 am
Oct. 3-Mobile Food Pantry at 3:35 pm.