monthly library report: February 2015
Class days: 19 (Library closed 5 days for inventory)
Class visits/lessons: 115
Students on passes: # not available at this time
E-books Accessed (www.mycapstonelibrary.com): 31
Collaboration & Instructional Units
African American History Month read alouds: PreK-2nd
African American Authors & Illustrators Research Project: 3-5th
RIF: Reading is Magic
Read Across Perez day
Planning & Management
- Completed library inventory
- Processed TONS of new books for the library.
- Ordered "Culturally Relevant Spanish books" with donation from community member
- Completed order for PebbleGo & PebbleGoNext
- Created new YA mini-section
- Added new subject guides to the Non-fiction section
- Meetings with Rivera about Read Across Perez 2/4, 2/16, and others
- Central Librarians Meeting @ Bryker Woods 2/11
- Meeting with Kauffman about inventory, furniture, & other updates 2/19
Perez Reads Initiatives
February books displayed- Coretta Scott King award winners, New books!
Distributed AR planet pins, lanyards, stickers
Volunteer, Ms. Alina, began GT/advanced readers & writers clubs
Miscellaneous Library Use
MOY testing 2/11
Library Office Use all month
- Book Swap: Reduce, Reuse, Read! March 9-13
A chance to win!
Dr. Seuss began as a political cartoonist and carried this mentality into his later work. Which of his books is a criticism of Hitler and which of The Cold War?
Be the first to email me the correct answer and win a free book for your classroom!