News from Hunting Ridge School
July 23, 2019
Welcome Back to School!
Dear Hunting Ridge Students and Families:
For students and families returning to school, welcome back! This email replaces the packet you used to receive in the mail over the summer. It is filled with important information to review before school begins! Please read it over carefully, and feel free to call or email the school office with any questions you might have.
For our new families, we are excited to make you a part of our school community. Our office and custodial teams have been hard at work getting ready for a fantastic start to the school year. We are excited to welcome many new families to this school this year!
Not only are we welcoming new families to the school, we are also welcoming new staff members. Mrs. Shannon Owsley is joining our kindergarten team as a Transitional Kindergarten Teacher. Miss Samantha Kieffer, from Thomas Jefferson, is joining our third grade team. Mrs. Stephanie Jacklow will be moving from our fourth grade team to our third grade team. Mrs. Amanda Ekx and Mrs. Berg, from Winston Elementary, will be joining us. Mrs. Ekx will be on our sixth grade team and Mrs. Berg will be our resource teacher. We will also be welcoming additional special area staff members to support music, art, and P.E. Together, we are working to make this school year unforgettable.
This is the first of several messages that families can expect in the coming weeks.
Families can expect most communication from the school and district to be in an electronic format through newsletters and e-blasts. These messages will have a great deal of information regarding Hunting Ridge, our PTA, and District 15. Our school newsletter, Hawk Happenings, will regularly outline basic information important to our first days of school. Please pay close attention to details regarding: arrival, dismissal, school physicals, and nutritional policies.
If families should have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know so that we can make the start of our school year a huge success.
- Tuesday, August 13, 2019: Meet the Teacher, 1:30 - 2:30 PM
- Wednesday, August 14, 2019: First full day of school for grades 1-6. Students will have the option to bring a lunch from home or order a lunch from our school menu.
- Thursday, August 15, 2019: First day of school for kindergarten
- Friday, August 16, 2019: Drill Day- Our school will be practicing many of our drills on this day so that we may review in the beginning weeks of school.
- August 20, 2019: Kindergarten Parent Orientation, 6:30 - 7:30 PM
- August 21, 2019: Grades 1-6 Parent Orientation
- 6:00 - 6:45 PM - Gr. 3, 4
- 6:45 - 7:30 PM - Gr. 1, 2
- 7:30 - 8:15 PM - Gr. 5, 6
- August 23, 2019: PTA Welcome Back Picnic, Hunting Ridge turns 50! 5:00 - 8:00 PM - Come join the fun! Food orders will come through the PTA.
- August 28, 2019: Picture Day
Christine Ortlund, Principal
Hunting Ridge's Back-to-School Website
- About our School and District 15
- School Hours
- Arrival/Departure Procedures
- School and District Calendars
- Student Attendance
- Teacher Assignment
- Chromebook Information
- School Supply Lists
- Health Forms
- School Nutrition Services