Welcome to the Chandler Library
What can we do for you?
- NEW BOOKS/BOOK SUGGESTIONS: Check out the Chandler Library homepage for new books in our Library and suggested book ideas
- UPDATES, MORE BOOK SUGGESTIONS, and TECHNOLOGY INFO: Follow me on Twitter @DuxElemLib.; Twitter feed is also on the Chandler Library homepage
- EBOOKS: Available through the Chandler Library website; can be read on computers, tablets, and phones. Many connect directly to your curricula or help with behavior, emotions, and friendships. More coming soon!
- PULL BOOKS/CURATE DIGITAL RESOURCES: Looking for certain titles or books and/or online resources on a particular topic? Please let us know - we are always happy to find whatever you need!
- OPEN THURSDAY AFTERNOON: This year Emmy has a block of open time on Thursday afternoon. Please consider signing up on any given week to bring your class to the Library for a research lesson, an extra read-aloud, a research-based project (big or small), or another use of our space and resources. Emmy will instruct students about use of multiple print and digital resources including secure databases just for elementary students. Email Emmy or come to the Library to reserve a time during that week.
What can we do for parents?
- WHAT ARE WE READING IN LIBRARY CLASS? Each week the read-alouds from PreK and K are posted on the Chandler Library website under "Books We're Reading Aloud in Library Class;" parents can use this as a starting point for book or author ideas.
- SUGGESTED READING LISTS FROM THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOL LIBRARIANS: Posted on our website when they are released each year.
- INFORMATION ABOUT ANNUAL AWARD-WINNING BOOKS: Including the Caldecott and other national children's book awards.
How do I...
SUGGEST NEW BOOKS FOR OUR LIBRARY? Email Emmy, tell us, write a note, or have a student tell us.
DIRECT PARENTS WHO ARE INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING IN THE LIBRARY? Please have them email Emmy or the PTA Library Volunteer Coordinator. Volunteers will need to be trained in how to use our catalog software, library setup, and confidentiality requirements.