Chemical and Physical
- What is matter? Anything with mass and volume
- Examples of what has mass; Wombats, air, clay, togas, and everything else
- A change in matter that doesn't effect it's chemical composition
- Examples; Cutting fabric, melting ice, chopping wood
- A physical property characteristics of a substance that can be observed without changing it.
- Examples: purple, square faces, cube
- A chemical reaction; a process that changes substances into new substances.
- Examples; rust, lighting a match, making salt water
- Indicators; change of temperature, color, production of gas and formation of a precipitation
- A characteristic of a substance when it interacts with another substance
- Rusting, brackish water, ashes
Physical change video