June 4th, 2018 Pony News
On the Side of Hope!
Learners Today - Leaders Tomorrow!
Throughout the year, we have been saying, "On the Side of Hope" and "Learners Today - Leaders Tomorrow." I am asking you to reflect on these two phrases. Take a moment to celebrate how you help our Ponies to stay On the Side of Hope, and how you've created leaders for tomorrow.
As I was walking the halls, I observed several fifth graders helping younger Ponies and reading to them. Our Rally Leaders have become a symbol for some of our future fifth graders. The smiles that I see on your students' faces as they are walking on their way to you tells it all. It has been hard without a doubt, but everything you did this year made a difference for our ponies. Remember, if not you then who will keep them On the Side of Hope?
As the school year draws to a close, Lewisville Elementary teachers are still creating engaging and relevant lessons. You are still making every moment count, and still making a difference in the lives of our students.
Let's finish strong. On the Side of Hope, we can continue teaching our leaders of tomorrow!
Enjoy Jeans for the week
- 5th grade End of Year Celebration and Awards Ceremony
- By 8:45 AM: 2nd - 4th Grade Teachers - Please have your students sitting outside of your classrooms by 8:45 to clap as 5th grade students are walking towards the cafeteria.
- By 8:45 AM: K and 1st Grade Teachers - Please have your students sitting along the hallways by the library.
- Early Release (for students) - Below you will find the Early Release Schedule.
- Lewisville ES staff will stay an additional 4 hours on June 7th.
A message from Mr. Bryon Kolbeck
It is an exciting time in Lewisville ISD! Because of the voter-approved 2017 Bond, the district has the opportunity to upgrade technology for students and staff. From June 14 – Aug. 3, the Technology Department will refresh MacBooks and iPads for eligible LISD staff members. The following email details eligibility and how to receive your new device(s).
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE REST OF THE MESSAGE...SUPER IMPORTANT!
One-hour time slots are available on the following dates from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Slots are available on a first come/first serve basis.
- June 14, 21, 28 (LHS Harmon)
- July 12, 19, 26 (LHS Harmon)
- Aug. 2 (LHS Harmon)
- July 27 and Aug. 3 (LHS Harmon and CCE)
Sign-up here: https://scheduler.lisd.net
This is a massive project with the need to deploy more than 8,000 iPads and MacBooks, and our efforts to get staff new devices can only be successful if we all work together! We look forward to seeing everyone during the staff technology deployments. If you have any questions please contact Ken Drysdale via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sandy Morris via email at email@example.com from Technology Warehouse.
All rooms inside the building (with the exception of the 4th grade hall upstairs) will be used for summer school.
Portables will not be used.
Remember that you can find the EOY procedures on our Website The Pony Way 2
If you are changing classrooms, please do not start moving items during the instructional day. If the classroom you are moving to is occupied, please coordinate with that person regarding the most convenient time to move.
** My goal is to finalize classrooms Tuesday morning.
Portables will not be used.
Lewisville ES Summer Trade Day Opportunities
We want to invite you to begin the learning and receive a November Trade day. I hope you can join us. :-)
Rainbow Planner and Grade Level Team Planning for K,1st and 2nd Grade
July 30th: Teams will create the 1st 9 weeks Rainbow planners for Language Arts and Math and will begin the planning process. Register in eduphoria: https://lew.schoolobjects.com//wshop/default.aspx?cid=25904
Rainbow Planner and Grade Level Team Planning for 3rd, 4th and 5th Grade
August 1st: Teams will create the 1st 9 weeks Rainbow planners for Language Arts and Math and will begin the planning process. Register in eduphoria: https://lew.schoolobjects.com//wshop/default.aspx?cid=25905
Monday, June 4th
AWARDS 1st Grade at 8:00
Report Cards will be printed
*3rd Grade @ 8:15
*2nd Grade @ 9:00
*4th Grade @ 1:30
Wednesday, June 6thth
- W.W. (Wacky Wednesday) Mustache Day
- College/U shirt Day
- *Kinder Celebration & Awards @ 8:00
- TTM Math celebration during lunch
- 3rd 12:00
- 4th 1:00
- 5th 12:30
- ********NEU Rally ALL Grades 2:20-2:45pm
Thursday, June 7th
- Last Day of School
- 5th Grade Celebration & Awards @ 8:30-10:30
- EOY Celebrations
- Early Release for Students 11:45
- Staff stays late (additional 4 hours) in exchange for Friday, June 8th
Friday, June 8th
- Campus will be closed.
Staff Shout Outs
- Thank you Mrs. Kilam for providing our grade level T-shirts for the field trip.
- Thank you to Ms. Isham, Mr. Colon, Ms. Rommel, Ms. Jurca and Ms. Huerta from the 5th grade team for staying late and providing our students with relevant experiences during the Lock In. You rock!
- Thank you to Ms. Rockne, Mr. Anderson, Ms. Kilam, Ms. Butler and Ms. Sneed for volunteering their time and staying late to provide our students with relevant experiences during the Lock In. You also rock!
- Thank you Mrs. Simpson, Ms. Lawson and Mrs. Burleson for everything you did this year. I am blessed that the three of you are part of the leadership team. You are the best!
- Thank you to Mrs. Oden, Mrs. Rutherford, Mrs. Sanchez, Mrs. Rowland, Mrs. Maurier, Mrs. Anguita, Ms. Medlock, Mrs. Veronica Hernandez, Mr. Perez, Ms. Garcia, Mrs. Simpson, Ms. Lawson and Mrs. Burleson for providing our instructional support staff with such an amazing celebration. Thank you to all of the staff who donated for this celebration.
- Thank you to Betty Guerrero for always going above and beyond in her secretary roles. Betty is a truly amazing Lewisville Pony!
- Thank you Ms. Vando for always being ready, available, and an amazing problem solver.
- Thank you to our amazing office staff Ms. Rubio, Ms. Olguin, Ms. Vando, Ms. Stolinsky, Ms. Ramage and Ms. Guerrero for providing great customer services to our parents and students all year long.
- Thank you to Ms. Veronica Hernandez for doing such a great job this year. Thank you especially for challenging our ponies to be creative learners. Love what you do with coding. Thank you for all of the morning announcements.
- Thank you to Ms. Kitchen for being On the Side of Hope with us all year. You are an exemplary educator.
- Thank you to our 911 team Ms. Echevarria, Mrs. Norton and Ms. Green. Our Ponies love you.
- Thank you to our special education team Ms. Wooster, Mrs. Naik, Mrs. Pineda, Mrs. Snyder and Ms. Longo for caring so much about our Ponies that need special care.
- Thank you to Ms. Brinegar for being an advocate for our students.
Click here to submit your Shout Out.