Eagles' News Brief
• The verbal section measures a child’s ability to remember and transform sequences of English words, to understand them and to make inferences and judgments about them.
• The quantitative section measures a child’s understanding of basic quantitative concepts and relationships.
• The non-verbal section measures reasoning using pictures and geometric shapes. This section reduces the impact of language on the student’s score.
Our third graders at Vandora Springs Elementary will complete CogAT the weeks of October 24 and October 31. Score reports will be shared with families and will be one factor used to identify potential candidates for AIG services in fourth grade.
Message for Military Families
Are you a military-connected family?
In an effort to ensure that the unique needs of military-connected students are met, state law requires that schools collect information on military-connected students. The goal is to help accommodate these students by providing them with support and consistency when their parents are deployed, when they are transitioning between schools, and at other pivotal times during their academic career.
If you are a military-connected family, please:
- Download the attached fillable form.
- Complete one form for each of your children.
- Return to the school data manager who emailed this form to you.
The deadline is Nov. 11. You may also print and return a hard copy of the form to your child’s school if you prefer
Did you know we have ebooks in our collection? Students can click on "Follett" (Destiny Discover App) in their WakeId portal, and scroll down to the eBook section. They can also search for books by title, author, subject,and series.
Additionally, all students have access to online books through myOn via their WakeId Portals. Students can access myOn through the Renaissance Learning App in the WakeId portal. We encourage ALL students to read (or be read to) every single day!
Vandora Springs Elementary School
Location: 1300 Vandora Springs Road, Garner, NC, USA