August 17, 2022 - Newsletter
See translation information below / Consulte la información de traducción a continuación.
AUGUST 17, 2022 - NEWSLETTER
Welcome to the 2022-23 school year at Centerview Elementary! I hope each of you had an enjoyable summer and were able to get away, relax and enjoy some of your favorite activities.
I am thrilled, once again, to have the opportunity to partner with our staff and Centerview families to support learning and increase the connections, engagement and support of our school community. While there is always a lot to do in preparation for the start of the school year, it is energizing knowing what an awesome responsibility we have as a staff to personalize and know each student by name, strength, interest and need.
With that in mind, there is no denying we are in the final stages of preparation for our new school year. Here is some pertinent information to guide and support you as we approach and move into the school year:
- First day of school - Tuesday, September 6
- Find out your teacher - Monday, August 29: Classroom plans will be complete and posted at 4 p.m. in the Campus Parent Portal. Find information about Campus, including how to log in on the Technology Tools, Resources and Log-ins.
- Join us at Centerview for Meet and Greet - Wednesday, August 31: Visit Centerview and meet your teachers, 4 p.m.– 6 p.m. Classroom rosters will also be posted in each grade level learning studio for Meet and Greet. Please bring your child’s school supplies for drop off.
- Take a virtual tour of Centerview and meet your grade level teams. We’ll share by email the virtual tour along with grade level team and department introductions prior to the Wednesday, August 31 Meet and Greet event.
- Follow up for families not able to visit school – begins Thursday, September 1. Homeroom teachers will reach out to families unable to attend the Meet and Greet beginning Thursday, September 1.
School hours and contacts to note:
- Main office hours: 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- School hours: 9:20 a.m.–3:55 p.m.
- Main office: 763-600-5500
- Attendance line: 763-600-5509
- Health line: 763-600-5504
Visit the Back-to-School hub at SpringLakeParkSchools.org/BackToSchool and refer to the email sent on August 10 for your back-to-school checklist. You’ll find school supply lists, Free and Reduced Price Meals and Education Benefits application (Please complete an application!), before and after school child care (Learning Ventures), iPad preparation information and more.
Getting to and from school
If your child rides the bus, bus information, including bus stop, pick up and drop off times is expected to be mailed to homes the week of August 22. Please plan for your student to ride the bus on the first day of school to help us work out all our routines and eliminate as much confusion as possible.
If your child will be dropped off and picked up by a parent/guardian, a table will be available at Meet and Greet to register and get your pick-up number.
As parents and guardians of the students of Centerview Elementary, I encourage you to become involved in our Parent Teacher Organization (PTO). Please plan to stop by the booth at our Meet and Greet event and learn more about the volunteer opportunities available to support our children throughout the school year.
I look forward to seeing you at school on Wednesday, August 31. If you have any questions or thoughts prior to the start of the school year, please do not hesitate to contact us. As a school, we look forward to partnering with you throughout the year to best support your child in feeling valued, inspired, and having a sense of belonging here at Centerview.
Enjoy the last few weeks of the summer and welcome back to what will be a wonderful school year at Centerview Elementary.
Translate This Message / Traducir Este Mensaje
To translate this information to another language, please click anywhere on the message to open it in a web browser and at the top of the page, select your language from the dropdown menu.
Para traducir la información a otro idioma, por favor presionen en cualquier lugar del mensaje para abrirlo en un navegador web y en la parte superior de la página seleccione su idioma del menú.