PRINCIPAL NEWS AND NOTES
OCTOBER 8, 2020
WHEW! IT'S BEEN A WHIRLWIND
There is quite a bit of information for parents to digest for those with students returning to the building. You have received a wealth of information in the past weeks and I do not want to overload you with too much information at one time. I will be sending Need-to-Know newsletters with pertinent information.
HYBRID - HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Students are assigned to cohort A or B. This is determined by last name. Cohort A, last name beginning with A-K. Cohort B, last name beginning with L-Z
- Cohorts A and B will be virtual on Wednesdays.
- Special Education and ELD students will have the option to attend four days (M, T, TH, & F). On Wednesdays, Special Education and ELD (English Language Development) students will also be virtual. They will begin on Monday, October 19th.
- Students in the Autistic Support classrooms will attend school every day. They will begin on day Monday, October 19th.
- Week of 10/19: Cohort A in school (10/19 & 10/20); Cohorts A & B (10/21 for virtual day, will follow current remote schedule); Cohort B in school (10/22 & 10/23).
During the week of 10/19, the focus will be on getting students acclimated to the new procedures in school. At home students will work asynchronously (no Zoom) on assignments that will be provided to them.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFORMATION
PATIENCE - FLEXIBILITY - GRACE