November 2, 2018
Important Dates to Remember
- US Veterans Corps Candy/Card Drive November 5th - 9th
- Operation Noah Stuffed Animal Drive November 5th - 9th
- Election Day -Two-Hour Delay Tuesday, November 6th
- Yearbook Cover Contest Deadline Friday, November 9th
- PTA General Meeting Thursday, November 15th 5:30pm
- Penny Road Variety Show Thursday, November 15th 6:00pm
- Reflections Art Contest Deadline November 16th
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE
- The Positivity Project - Weekly Character Trait
- US Veterans Corps Candy/Card drive
- Operation Noah
- Yearbook Cover Contest
- Yearbook Photo submission site
- Students Against Hunger Food Drive
- Spirit Wear - New long-sleeved shirts!
- Thanks Mrs. Hoke!
- Teacher of the Year!
CHARACTER STRENGTH: BRAVERY
You act with mental, moral, or physical strength even when you know things are difficult or scary.
Bravery refers to voluntary action in the face of a dangerous circumstance. This strength involves judgement; the brave person must have an understanding of the risks and consequences involved in acting. Bravery isn't just fearlessness, but also overcoming fear. Individuals with this strength might be described as courageous, heroic, daring, or noble.
US Veterans Corps Candy and Card Drive
YEARBOOK COVER CONTEST
DUE FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2018
- must go with the theme #OtherPeopleMatter
- must be Hand Drawn original artwork. No designs from the internet please.
- must include your name and teacher's name in pencil on the back of the design.
- must be submitted on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of white paper in vertical (portrait) orientation.
Contact Mrs. Patterson with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Yearbook needs your photos!
STUDENTS AGAINST HUNGER - Nov. 13-16
Penny Road is partnering with Urban Ministries of Wake County for this year’s “Students Against Hunger” food drive. **Penny Road families generously donated 2,182 lbs of dry/canned goods last year, providing 1,837 meals. Let's try to exceed that goal this year!**
Food Drive Contest
• The food drive will occur every day from Tuesday morning (11/13) to Friday morning (11/16).
• Deliver your food goods to the front lobby between the hours of 8:45 am – 9:15 am.
• The top class in each grade that brings in the most items will win “THE GOLDEN CAN” trophy and a classroom reward. They will also have their picture taken for the PRE Website and Yearbook!
• All donations are welcomed, however, only up to 25 items per day will be counted for the contest
Most Needed Items:
*NO GLASS CONTAINERS*
· Whole Wheat Pasta
· Pasta Sauce (low sodium)
· Canned Vegetables (low sodium)
· Canned Fruit (packed in juice)
· Canned Tuna (packed in water)
· Dry & Canned Beans
· Soup (low sodium)
Urban Ministries of Wake County provides struggling families with healthy, nutritious food – exactly what Penny Road encourages with our students. For more information about Urban Ministries of Wake County, visit: www.urbanmin.org.
*Please support Urban Ministries with the healthy food you would eat.*
NEW LONG-SLEEVED SPIRIT WEAR!!
This is a long sleeve charcoal grey t-shirt with red lettering. The back will say "Penny Road Elementary".
This is a long sleeve charcoal grey t-shirt with white lettering. The back of the t-shirt is blank.