Chemical Smore Assgnment
Common name/ Chemical formula
- Used as a desiccant.
- Added in food to give it a firmer texture
- Used in sculptures because of the soft texture.
- Molecular Weight- 136.1406 g/mol
- Exact Mass135.91432 g/mol
Heavy Atom Count6
- Has two forms; dihydrate known as Gypsum, and Hemihydrate known as Plaster of Paris.
- In 2011 findings by the Mars Opportunity rover show a form of calcium sulfate in a vein on the surface
- Plaster of Paris is used to make plaster casts for broken limbs.