Harrisburg R-VIII Libraries
Welcome to the 2016-17 School Year!
- Our program will promote the very best of children's and young adult literature for your child.
- We will strive to encourage a love of reading by making book suggestions to each individual, welcoming student library book suggestions, and conducting interest inventories to insure that the library collection meets the educational and personal needs of our students.
- We will add 100 or more new titles at each campus of the latest and most well-reviewed books, including quality non-fiction, award nominated books, and books requested by students and teachers.
- At each grade level, students will learn research and technology skills specific to their educational needs.
- The librarian will collaborate with classroom teachers to enrich the learning opportunities for your child.
- Library lessons at the elementary level and classroom collaboration at the secondary level will stress good Digital Citizenship to encourage your child to make safe and ethical decisions when using the internet and social media.
- Our library website serves as a virtual library that is available 24/7 and encourages the use of print and digital resources to meet the needs of our student patrons, teachers, and parents.
- Monthly library digital newsletters will be sent to teachers and students.
- We will have a number of special events this year in our libraries including three Scholastic Book Fairs, author/storyteller visits, and reading promotions and contests at both libraries.
- If you would like to volunteer in either library or would like to visit at any time, we would love to have you. (see contact information below)
We are very excited about this new school year and are committed to making the library a welcoming and useful environment for your child. Please feel free to contact by phone or email with questions.
Jennie Simpson, District Librarian (573-875-0290 x5379) email@example.com
Rebekah Whitaker, High School Library Assistant
Judy Corbin, Pre-K-8 Library Assistant
Learn more about the library program by taking a look at the annual report to the Board of Education from the 2015-16 school year. Please contact Jennie Simpson, district librarian, with any questions you might have about our school libraries.