February 16, 2016
Read Across America - Share Your Favorite Book
In celebration of “Read Across America Day”, Doyle is asking each child to donate 1 book (new or gently used, hard cover or paperback) for the H. A. Brown Elementary School of Philadelphia.
Please ask your child to share one of his/her favorite books with our buddy school in Philadelphia from February 17-24th.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Popma at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support for this worthwhile project!
Cast Your Vote!
Congratulations to two of Doyle’s finest, Leslie Wong and Sarah Strohl for being nominated as superior teachers. Please join us in voting for both. Vote for Mrs. Wong at Click here Mrs. Strohl at http://blog.inspirefcu.org/inspirecommunity/buckstoty/ Good luck, teachers!
100 Days in 1st Grade
Do you believe in werewolves? As a fifth grader, I know werewolves are not real. Our library has listed this book as a “Horror” book. For first and second graders this may be true, but for third through sixth graders it’s just science fiction and not scary. Read Full Moon Horror by Jason Strange. It’s a book you’ll want to keep reading.
By Tristan Hartwick
Students in Mrs. Cirulli's sixth grade class use their bodies to recreate the geographical area of Ancient Egypt as they study how these physical features affected the development of early cultures. The Nile River and Mediterranean Sea simulated wave action, as well as the Arabian And Libyan Deserts whispered, "hot and dry and hot and dry."
Family Pacer Night
Doyle Elementary 2nd Grade Brownie Troop 2897 made pillows for the elderly, birthday bags and breakfast bags for the New Britain food larder, and Thank You cards for our soldiers overseas, at their recent Unami Council Girl Scout MLK Service Day 2016.
From Home and School
Jeff the Framer
Jeff the Framer will be at Doyle on Thursday, March 24, from 9:00am – 7:00pm.
He is taking appointment through this SignUpGenius, and walk-ins are most welcome!
IRun4Life is Back!
IRun4Life is a fun, noncompetitive running program for boys and girls designed to promote fitness and healthy lifestyles with your children. IRun4Life focuses on exercise, healthy nutrition, and doing good deeds in our community.
- Training will start Tuesday, March 22, 2016, with our goal race being the iRun4Life Kids Only 3K, May 15, 2016. We will combine dynamic warm ups, relay races, endurance running and discussions about healthy nutrition.
Key features of the iRun4Life program include:
- MILES RUN- Each runner can record their mileage on the iRun4Life.com database. Simply go into the website, click on the banner “Login,” complete the student login, and input the number of miles you ran each day.
- GOOD DEEDS - Good deeds include extra help around the house, helping friends and teachers at school, helping in your community, etc. Each runner can input their Good Deeds in the database after they input their miles run.
- GOAL RACE – Our goal race is the iRun4Life Kids Only 3K on Sunday, May 15, 2016
- RUNNING WITH YOUR PARENTS – Each child can record double mileage if they run with a parent or guardian.
IRun4Life is open to K through 6th grades. We will practice on Tuesdays, starting March 22, through May 10th - Rain or Shine! There is a $20 fee per child ($10.00 for students enrolled in the Community School After Care program) to help defray the cost of t-shirts, incentives and healthy snacks.
Please register your children online. This registration includes the waiver, as well as all student information. It’s very easy to sign up online:
- Please go to www.iRun4Life.com to complete the registration process:
- Go to Sign In
- Then to Parent Log-in to create a login and password
- Register your child
- Send your payment (cash or check) made out to DHSA. Please send your fee to your child’s homeroom teacher or office no later than March 1, 2016. After that date, registration will be closed.
Please note, this does not register your child for the iRun4Life 3 k on May 15.
We are also looking for parent volunteers to be coaches, help with handing out snacks, traffic guards and extra runners for the teams. You do not need to be a runner to be a volunteer! If interested, please indicate you want to be a volunteer on your on-line registration form.
Please note: All volunteers must have all Central Bucks Clearances completed and submitted to: iRun4Life. (Please see iRun4Life website for upload instructions).
If you want your child to become active, have fun and learn about exercise and healthy nutrition, then please join us for iRun4Life! Thank you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!!!
Nikki Shissler and Nicole Reichner
BonTon Community Booklets Are Here
The Community Day booklet is filled with great savings coupons and exclusive offers!
Take advantage of:
- $10 off a regular or sale price item of $10 or more. Valid in-store only.
- Up to 30% off a single regular or sale price item. Valid in-store only.
- Up to 25% off a regular and sale price purchase.
- Up to 30% off an online purchase of regular and sale price merchandise. Valid online only.
- $25 off select women's dresses.
- Over 30% off fine watches.
- 55% off kids' playwear....
- and much more
Exclusions apply; see booklet for details. 100% of booklet sales benefit Doyle Elementary School!
Booklets are available in the office. Thank you for your support.
CB Cares Backpack 2015
February 17: Avenue of the Arts, grades 2 (6:30 PM) and 3 (7:30 PM)
February 17 - 24: Read Across America Book Collection
Looking Ahead - Mark Your Calendar
March 1: Drop Off for Used Books
March 8: Drop Off for Used Books
March 9: Operation Helping Hand
March 9: K'Nex Competition for grades 4 & 5 at BCIU
March 10: K'Nex Competition for grade 6 at BCIU
March 11: Early Dismissal at 11:55 AM
March 11: Family Fun Night at YMCA
March 12: Parent Positive Presentation: Resilient Kids at YMCA
March 15: Drop off for Used Books
March 18: Doyle March Madness (5:45 PM - 8:00 PM)
March 21: Drop off for Used Books
March 22: Kindergarten Report Cards
March 23 - 29: No Kindergarten (conferences and Easter break)
March 24: Red Cross Blood Drive (Gym)
March 24: Jeff The Framer (Library)
March 24: Used Book and Toy Sale (Cafeteria)
March 24, 25 & 28: No School
March 31: Human Growth & Development, Grade 4